Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted info
    Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:52am
I’m after breech seals for TX200/ Prosport anyone know specifications and where to get them please.
Vitron and Nitrile have been suggested.
Stu
Stuart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 12:07pm
BS108. ID 6.02mm, OD 11.26mm, thickness 2.62mm.
Just noticed specs on line and suggested shore hardness for bottom one 75
And top one of 90 vitron
Cheer’s I will see who has them.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 7:31am
I have 2 spare from memory, but would need to check. If you can't get one let me know. 
Stuart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 9:29am
Hello Paul
Thanks for that offer, I should be ok a pretty standard size and available in Christchurch.
Existing one gone hard and cracking. Also doing piston extension with o’ring instead of standard seal
And the spring guide was as loose as so making new one of them and hopefully should reduce the bit of buzz.
Cheer’s
Stu
jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:40pm
Multiple seal options if you want to buy online from offshore:

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/AirArms_Piston_Seal
https://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/catalog/item/251485/1390459.htm
https://www.customairseals.com/product/air-arms-tx200-pro-sport-breech-seal/
https://twchambers.co.uk/airgun-spares/air-arms/pro-sport/or002-breech-seal-set-of-2/
https://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk/product/2-x-upgraded-air-arms-tx200-prosport-breech-seals/

I've ordered from, custom air seals, bagnall and TWC with good service from each in the past
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 9:00am
Sounds like a good project there Stu. 
I'd be keen to see photo's of the O ring piston seal if you can be bothered. will you make it out of aluminium? 
Stuart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:46pm
Turning all the bits up next week so will show photos when it’s about to go back together.
Just got O’rings coming down from Wellywood so will see how it goes.
Keep you posted. Parts less than $20 just an hour or two machining.
Using existing spring, would have liked original but will see how it shoots
The spring guide in it now is very loose so next one should improve the buzz.
Stuart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:48pm
Thanks for all the info
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 10:38pm
I turned up a top hat and guide for an HW80 out of delrin, and it was like it had snowed around the lathe with the amount you take off.
Stuart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 12:36pm
I’m using molybdenum impregnated Nylatron for all parts with viton o’ring on extension. Give it a whirl eh!
Someone over in uk has done one and has had good success with it so more or less copying his work
After 4 years of using its still working good,so all being well will be less than just buying new seal.
Fingers crossed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic