Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

30cal accuracy issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddiefx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 5:01pm
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, definitely great advise. Will certainly update after I've had another play with it. Cheers.
Freddiefx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddiefx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 5:05pm
Why I thought they were all gas piston was a review on YouTube. The narrator said they were springers pre production then Hatsan made the decision to go gas piston. Maybe that only applies to the US. Also, I asked the question of Delta Mike in Invercargill. They said gas piston. I dunno. Confusion reigns!
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 7:15pm
My 135 is a spring powered and that is the model I was after. Yes first one was quickly returned and replaced within three days including delivery.

I look for the longest warranty and judge on manufacturers response, I expect to return a small percentage of the mass manufacturers products and never hesitate to do so. I prefer a face to face sale and am very well served by our local Magnum Sports store here at Stratford.

With optics especially I have moved to lifetime warranty products and managed to stay in economical price range due to very competitive market i expect.

I respect the warranty and follow manufacturers requirements for the required duration.

Prompt replacements that have impressed.
Gamo rifle and scope
Hatsan rifle
Stealth scope
Tasco scope
Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 7:53pm
Mercs from what I can see the Hatsan warranty in NZ is 12mnths. Have you had any other issues appart from the loose barrel on the first rifle ?
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 8:33pm
If it doesn't have vortex it's spring. I thought all the nz ones were vortex but obviously not.

Hatsan vortex pistons are the only airguns using air in the piston, therefore they are able to be rebuilt. Gas rams are normally nitrogen filled.

I brought mine from airrifle.co.nz all theirs are listed as vortex versions. They have been out of stock for a long time so wonder if they lost the agency for Hatsan. I enquired several times for spare parts and never heard back.....
Freddiefx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddiefx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 10:44pm
So what you guys are saying is if it doesn't have vortex on the barrel it's a springer? I'm not disagreeing but I am confused. This link is to a nz airgun website. It shows the rifle I have. The barrel doesn't say vortex, but in their spiel it says...vortex. Is there a way to tell without pulling the gun apart?

https://airrifle.co.nz/hatsan/135-qe-30.html

Edited by Freddiefx - 28 Apr 2023 at 10:45pm
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 10:56pm
Have a peek underneath where you can see the cocking arm going to the piston, you may be able to see a spring if it's the spring version but you will probably need to take the stock off.

If you do take the stock off take detailed photos o photos and upload them for us to see
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 11:02pm
Wouldn't the cocking sound tell you?
There's no way you can miss the sound of the gas ram on the sig compared to either the tx or gamo spring I had.
Freddiefx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddiefx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 9:02am
I also have a Diana ntec magnum and there doesn't seem to be any noticeable difference in the sound between it and the hatsan when cocking.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 10:03am
Ive been looking all over the Web and I can't find a definitive way to tell with out taking the stock off.
My next sujestions would be get the serial number and write to hatsan customer service and ask them
If they stopped making spring versions they should be able to tell from serial number. Everything I've read on the spring version seems to be as good as gas ram.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic