Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auckland Based Air Gunner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by CuteRabbit CuteRabbit wrote:

WinkEmbarrassedEmbarrassedCrosman is better?

I have both the Surgemax and the RX40 you mentioned, and between the two I would certainly recommend the RX40. The weird loading port was something I had to get used to but in terms of accuracy, grip, and general feel it’s much better than the Surgemax. The added bonus is that is also comes with a somewhat decent 3x9 scope. You will get between 17-20 fpe with both guns, but the RX40 in .22 will surely give you more momentum, thus better penetration.

I also have a Gamo Swarm Magnum, and for most of my turkey hunting it’s my rifle of choice. Despite Gamo’s somewhat bad reputation, I’ve been extremely lucky with both my Magnum and my Black Shadow. They shoot like prime guns, nothing bad to say about it. But as someone else already said, you wouldn’t want to plink with the Magnum.
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:14am
WinkWinkWinkThank you. I just find one small shop in Helensville selling Hatsan M130 with 550fps-7.62mmCali. But it is expensive. Google it and that's the only breakbarrel model still with .30 pellets. Any idea about that rare gun?

Edited by CuteRabbit - 22 Jan 2023 at 2:15am
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:18am
WinkWinkWinkThank you.by the way what is tlc??? I just find one small shop in Helensville selling Hatsan M130 with 550fps-7.62mmCali. But it is expensive. Google it and that's the only breakbarrel model still with .30 pellets. Any idea about that rare gun?
Squirrel goes Vege

paulo.baronceli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 7:52am
Originally posted by CuteRabbit CuteRabbit wrote:

WinkWinkWinkThank you. I just find one small shop in Helensville selling Hatsan M130 with 550fps-7.62mmCali. But it is expensive. Google it and that's the only breakbarrel model still with .30 pellets. Any idea about that rare gun?

You might be talking about the Hatsan 135 Carnivore. I never used this one, but it’s in my books to get my hands on one this year. It all boils down to what you want to do with it really. This is also a gun you won’t be using to plink around, and the reviews I saw show it’s more effective at closer ranges. It’s a 30-35 FPE gun, same as the Gamo Magnum, the difference is that the heavier projectile will give you much more momentum and penetration, at the cost of much lower speeds and a bigger trajectory arch.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:33am
Cuterabbit, have you looked up Youngs Airguns in Auckland?

30 - 35 fpe, gee that must kick like a mule? Must say I've never fired a magnum springer. mine are all around 12 fpe.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 10:10am
WinkWinkWink850 Do minion rd. yes.
He showed me a second hand Crosman Benjamin Trail Stealth, .177, NP2, 1200fps?

Just, when I find Hatsan M130or135(old version) is the only break barrel with 7.62bore, really want to put it into my collection someday.
But yes, I may choose a .177 rifle for daily plinking. .177 pellets is much cheaper. Can't afford too muchCryCryCry
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 10:11am
Just, when I find Hatsan M130or135(old version) is the only break barrel with 7.62bore, really want to put it into my collection someday.
But yes, I may choose a .177 rifle for daily plinking. .177 pellets is much cheaper. Can't afford too muchCryCryCry
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 10:16am
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed I think according to Online info, the M130 is the new version of M135, with new Vortex gas-struct and silencer barrel?
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 10:25am
by the way. does 10 round magzine help a lot?
Some say it won't help for hunting because never get a second chance.
However for target shooting you don't need to rush?
so ... CryCryCry
Squirrel goes Vege

Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:19pm
The only difference between the Hatsan 135 and 130 is the the 130 has a synthetic stock
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic