Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auckland Based Air Gunner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:11pm
Pass on acurracy not familiar with them. but if its a junior, it's probly not overly powerful, which makes it easier to shoot.
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:14pm
Thanks mate. I have a Air Chief Stalker Junior with 4x20scope, how is that rifle doing?CryCryCry
I really want to try some air rifles that can penetrate easily through skulls according to the YouTube reviews. Cannot find any one to lend me one, so hesitating to buy one but yes it is too expensive and wont be useful to me.
I have seen some wild rabbits like a dog big. Sure the wild adult rabbits has some temper especially when you try to kill them? Still I think they are cute species and if you raise them when they are baby, they will be mild. So I still just want target shooting...LoL

Edited by CuteRabbit - 17 Jan 2023 at 10:25pm
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:19pm
After a rough sight-in by myself. It can deliver a group within r=3cm circle at 12m distance.
That's the longest way I got from my landlord's yardCryCryCry
any where for air rifle target shooting play around Auckland?
Some tell me that I can try softair war game, but I don't think my air chief stalker jr. can do that? Though according to youtube reviews, it cannot penetrate skull but I think it will still hurts people in softair game.CryCryCry

Edited by CuteRabbit - 17 Jan 2023 at 10:20pm
Squirrel goes Vege

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:26pm
Yep don't shoot people with it. It's not a toy.
Look up air rifle clubs in Auckland. They have them and it would be very benificial for you.
There will be a lot of people to tech you stuff and people will be able to point you in the direction of a suitable gun.
Air soft use a differnt gun set up.
BushSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BushSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:04am
Good Day "CuteRabbit"
I just thought I would weigh in here about some of the questions and thinking on what air rifle is best for what you say you are keen to do with it.
Stay away from the GAMO Magnum if all you want to do is target shoot, it is not suited to that and will damage your scope. 
I have killed two scopes with my GAMO Magnum even though they were rated for springer airguns.

Look, the thing with getting into air gunning is, what is your main driver?
*Plinking -(Basic target & object shooting)
*Pro-Target - (Target shooting with the aim of adjusting distances and developing high-accuracy shot placement) 
*Pest Control / Hunting - (Shooting those little creatures you love so much)

There is such a range of rifle options ranging from cheap and nasty to top quality German manufactured.
I personally have gone for units that I was keen on modifying and adjusting for better performance, just because I am a tinkerer. (Crosman 1322, Crosman 2240 & 2250B, Crosman 362, Aircheif CR600w and the GAMO Swarm Magnum Gen2)
All were bought as .22, but I have since converted some to .177 just for fun. My mods have achieved some crazy power and speeds, but not all were for the better.

Ignore the flashy advertising for high FPS, as it is useless if you are shooting the diablo style pellets, as they are extremely unstable once they go transonic/supersonic. (950 - 1352 FPS)
Around 8ftlb (foot-pounds) is enough to kill a rabbit humanely if it's a headshot. ( I prefer higher ftlb as it gives certainty of kill) but that gives you an understanding that you don't need a whole lot of speed from your rifle to pest control.

It then comes down to your budget and what you are willing to spend on an airgun. 
The next option is what action do you go for.
*Break Barrel - Too many to list
*Under leaver - Air Arms TX200,Air Arms Passport, Weihrauch HW97
*Side leave(if you can still get your hands on one) Diana Mod 56 TH Target Hunter
*CO2 - too many to list, but I have the Air Chief C600w and Crosman 2240 / 2250B
*Pneumatic Multi pump - Crosman 1322/1377, Crosman 362 and several others 
*PCP - but only with a firearms license.

Each action has its positive and negative points, but that is a whole new subject matter for discussion.

I am happy to help with any other questions or guidance you may require.

Chat soon.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:16am
Hw97 synthetic stock for sale at airgunsnz. Was looking at it as an option to buy next month.
BushSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BushSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:21am
You will not regret buying the HW97, and in time there are upgrade kits for them if you want to make it even better.
I have used quite a few HW97 and each time I was like, man I need to get one of these as soon as.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:36am
I'm a bit dodgy about it after the tx200. I found the field loading at night a bit of pain in arse with fixed barrel. Also the whole movement of cocking the gun was way more obvious. Barrel just another observable movement as you cock the under lever. Not good sitting in Bush shooting quail at close range.
However I've heard a lot of good stuff about them and are keen to try one.
The side cocking lever will hopefully allow me to hold the gun low as I cock it.
I must admit though I'm stoked with the sig I really do miss the feel of tx. Its a great gun. Weihrauch will hopefully prove to have all the quality and accuracy of the tx, but without the overly flashy wood stock, less weight, and in .22 (Though if there's a .25 break barrel.....)
Be keen to hear pros and cons from users.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 10:20am
WinkWinkWinkThank you for your pro advise. How about the cheap full size rifle- Umarex Surgemax .177 1050FPS with Alloy Pellets and 650FPS with Lead. Only 299 at GunCity
Thinking about to upgrade to a full-size. I won't be exhausted with my Stalker Jr. but not sure with a full-size one, may need to work out hardly?
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 10:23am
For under lever, I just found that steoger RX40 is on sale (349 with a bigger scope, used to be 449)CryCryCry at Fishing and Hunting NorthShore, Auckland

Edited by CuteRabbit - 18 Jan 2023 at 10:24am
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic