Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crosman 362 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:27pm
I noticed on ebay there is a kit that turns the 1322 or the2250 into a PCP. Dont know how to legally import them though.
Definitely a slow process loading and then pumping the 362.
As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:36pm
Ask Pauly5 he will know.
I had a look at them and was supprised how long the air cylinder was.
Yep knocking the pellet reload time off would be nice.
I think they were called grav5. I'm assuming they work off gravity to drop pellet into breech and I'm not to sure the pumping would be any good for the pellets in it.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 8:20pm
Yea, I've got one on the way, but have been building pcp conversions for the crosmans myself.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 8:33pm
Just order straight off ebay
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 7:27am
Just thinking about it, when I was sucba diving you could get something called a bail out bottle.
Its a small high pressure air cylinder that you would strap to your leg (had built in reg and mouthpiece) just in case you overstayed your main tank air supply. It was designed to get you back to the surface.
I assume with your decompression stop.
It was just as refillable as dive bottle.
I'll see if I can find one web.
Not sure it would offer any advantage over a pcp cylinder.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 7:46am
Oh they are called pony bottles.
Nope can't see it being of any advantage if you converted a 362 to air.
Bit heavy.
NZ price around 300+ dollars.

The most popular Pony Bottle on the market. Brushed Alluminium.

The Catalina 19cu ft/2.7L has a working pressure of 3000psi/207 bar.

Dimensions; Length 445mm, Diameter 111mm, weight 4.1kg

Not being a pcp shooter I'm not sure if it would be a good little tank to carry in the field for refilling.

Just thinking about it. That may be the most popular but steel dive tanks weigh more but hold considerably more air to tank size, due to wall thickness.

Edited by kruzaroad - 13 Nov 2023 at 7:51am
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 8:25am
If you had an fal, converting a 362 to pcp would be a cheap pcp, but then there are cheap Air Chief pcp for around the same price.

If you converted a 1322, 2240, 2250 or similar in pistol form, then you need to fill it.

Dive tanks are heavy, need certifying/testing and need refilling, but quick. With my pistol build I have got a cheap handpump and this works really well I reckon.

A small buddy bottle would certainly be an option for hunting if you think you need a fill. You could fill the buddy bottle with the handpump, although that is quite a workout, but filling the pistol will be about 50 - 60 pumps from empty, which is very do able.

It will be interesting to see how many shots from these kits, but my pistol gives me around 25 usable shots, so if I was to try hunting with it, I don't think i'd use that many shots. Although it might take me that many to actually hit something.
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 8:59am
A word of warning re aluminium cylinders.

Firstly, they're not actually much lighter than steel as they have thicker walls and they have a lower pressure rating so lower capacity (usable volume).

The real issue I believe is that they won't pass a pressure test when it's due.  In NZ the test requirement is the same for steel and aluminum (apparently overseas there's a difference) and the aluminium will expand beyond the allowable limit and fail.  

This info came from a local diver who recently purchased my old out of test steel cylinder to replace one of his alloy items.  I can't guarantee this is 100% correct but I would caution against using them - maybe confirm with your local diver centre before rushing off and buying one.
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 9:03am
There were some aluminium tanks that were condemned too. I had 2, and found this out when I went to get them filled. You can check the serial number against a list available online.
I invested in a small compressor and haven't touched my dive tank for years.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 9:21am
They have to be pressure tested to pass certification in the first place. So why they would fail is beyond me.
They are noticeably lighter than steel tanks when fill that's from first hand experience.
The reason the walls are so thick is to handel the pressure. (and they are considerably thicker) hence the lesser volume compared to steel.
The main issue diving is how bouent they become when the air gets low, which isn't an issue on land and the lower volume of air.
Still haven't dived for years now so things may have changed.
As you say check with dive shop.
But at end of day I'm not sure that my suggestion of a pony bottle is practical. The 362 is a pump action rifle and in my view a good gun as is, if you don't mind the pumping.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic