Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New to airguns? > Tips and things to look out for
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement stock?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Rimu! Want to throw a pic up anyway?
I'd be dead keen to just see what a Rimu stock looks like. It's a rather nice wood.

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Growlybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Growlybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:13pm
Cheers Kruzaroad. The last 2 numbers are 09, and is a springer as far as I can tell. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Growlybear - 25 Jul 2023 at 2:38pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:43pm
It's packed and ready to go. I'll sort payment tonight so should go tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll have it by weekend. I'll post pics so you can decide if it's up to scratch.
40 bucks for stock..
Don't feel oblidge to buy stock from me.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:51pm
That stock rocks nunga. Really nice colour and grain from what I can see.
Workmanship looks great too.
Have you used rimu for a stock before?
If so how is it for weight and distribution of kick back energy and vibration. (if that discription makes scence)
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:55pm
Its the first time, it is surprisingly light for a wooden stock. If i decide to use it ill let you know how it preforms 
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 3:16pm
Got a few manuka trunks was going to cut for fire wood, if you want to try that. Could chainsaw a slightly bigger than stock piece for you if want.
Its a heavy wood and splits increadable easy, so not to sure if it would be suitable. Offers there if you want it Nunga.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 3:30pm
@growlybear. Andrew from vaughans has sent this, after I sent date and its a springer;
(Thinking the major difference is the trigger group with models in 2012-13 roughly having the new trigger systems which may have required a deeper pocket to fit into the stock)
So I'll put a few pics with measurements and you can compare. If it looks good I'll send it down for trial before you pay. If it don't fit send it back and get ahold of vaughans and let him know where we are at with it.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:23am
Originally posted by nunga nunga wrote:

Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Rimu! Want to throw a pic up anyway?
I'd be dead keen to just see what a Rimu stock looks like. It's a rather nice wood.

Thats a great looking stock, well done
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 10:52am
Stocks arrived today.
There is very little difference with the exception of the rear ends.
One has a differnt back setup for where the plastic cover goes, and there is a differance in slots at back.
On of the main reciever/stock bolt holes near barrel is damaged on one,(over tightening and may Nedd cleaning up. Up put more pics of that of its the stock required. But for now here's pics so we can get to the right stock.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 10:57am
With the photo of the rear slots it's the slot shape. The igt stock has trigger gaurd on it so it makes some of holes look differnt shape but they arn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic