Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New to airguns? > Tips and things to look out for
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement stock?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Growlybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement stock?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 8:12am
Gidday. I have scored this Gamo whisper at a great price. Has an after market trigger, and is very accurate. Passes the bottle top test easily. My main issue is the stock, specifically the "thumbhole. part. I find it uncomfortable for the size of my hand. Are replacement, more traditional stocks available?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 9:30am
Good morning, i had one of those models once and had found the same with my hands. i used to shoot it thumbs up and out of the thumbhole. 

that said the actions on gamos dont change much and you may fins another gamo stock that will fit it. 
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 9:55am
Can you put up a pic of the inside of the stock? The mechanism for cocking is the same the gamo I had but I'm not sure about the highlighted bar and need to see a better pic of inside of stock than this diagram.

Edited by kruzaroad - 25 Jul 2023 at 9:56am
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 11:35am
That highlighted part looks like the trigger safety which stops the trigger from firing the gun when the gun is in the "cocked" position. I take those out on mine and then your gun can easily be de-cocked by holding the barrel and pulling the trigger. I find it very useful when hunting.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 11:56am
Thanks your dead on Nunga. Clean forgot about that little plastic saftey slide.
So now it's down to the inside of stock, which I don't think will be any differnt but better to be safe than sorry.
Vaughans in upper hutt is the gamo importer, you could ring him as well growlybear. I found him excellent to deal with. Also manged to get me a barrel replacement off one the warrenty returns. He may be able to do the same for a stock (should know if they are interchangeable as well)

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:09pm
Right I got bored and rang up vaughans.
He's not sure so he's going to pull a whisper apart at warehouse and try it on a couple of standard stocks later today if he has the time or in next day or 2. Will get back to you when have heard back and give you stock price and type. @Growlybear
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:25pm
I do have a stock that i made which i never finished. It was going to go on my hatsan you might be able to mod that to fit if you cant find anything. Its a wooden rimu stock. if you are interested let me know and ill upload a picture of it.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:51pm
Rimu! Want to throw a pic up anyway?
I'd be dead keen to just see what a Rimu stock looks like. It's a rather nice wood.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 1:01pm
Hey growly bear is it spring or gas?
Andrew at vaughans rang back, there is a difference in length with the gas and spring. He's got a gas one there he will try it on and isn't sure if he has a spring model there but is having a look.
Recons about 40bucks plus P&p. Not new so not pristine. I'll get it off him anyway at that price if you don't.
Soon as have answer will about power unit will txt. He also said to look at numbers on barrel, last 2 numbers are the year.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 1:30pm
There's a differnce in the ribing. He found one that fits. I'm getting it sent up and if you want it I'll send it to you for cost of stock and freight to you. ( I'll cover cost from welly to me) if its not right for you I'll keep it for a recoil project I was going to do with last gamo but got over the gun and gave it away. 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic