Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Firearms / Shooting Laws...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 1:17pm
Compared with other western and developed countries New Zealand is fairly easy on gun control.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation

Since taking up shooting and mixing in these circles I have quickly learned to take a lot of what is said with a grain of salt.

The Arms Officer I got was actually quite a helpful bloke. Between myself and referees I think there were 4 AO's involved and noone said anything negative about their interviews. But one would think by listening to the gossip the Police are out to get LFAO's.

ACT used to be a libertarian party but that has gone by the wayside. Yes, they have some policies I agree with but ultimately they will just be supporting National.

I think 50% chance air rifles will end up being licensed. Because of the actions of a few d*heads.

Edited by FPM - 08 May 2023 at 1:20pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:21pm
Not the owners just thier guns
FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:58pm
I was informed by someone in the industry air rifle sales were being reported on request of the Police. It was not clear if this applied to a specific region or country wide.

Edited by FPM - 08 May 2023 at 11:59pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 3:03pm
Have no idea. Couldn't care less if they did. I haven't ever been asked for name or identification when buying from a gun shop.
Guess the grey hair gives it away that I'm over 18 and entitled to use own one.
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 4:03pm
Now see what we're up against:

I've also just received an email from the new Police Authority about registering all my Firearms on the new NZ Firearms Register - which is a total waste of time according to all the shooters I know!!! Exclamation

Have you received the same yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 7:45pm
Regarding the anti gun rhetoric on Stuff - No doubt the 'woke' anti-crowd will change their tune very quickly if it looks like a war is brewing in this part of the world.

More Taiwanese seek gun training as Ukraine war drives home cross-strait tension

Edited by FPM - 13 May 2023 at 8:18pm
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by FPM FPM wrote:

No doubt the anti-crowd will change their tune very quickly if it looks like a war is brewing in this part of the world.

???
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 8:17pm
I used to shoot FT here in NZ. I actually represented NZ in 2 worlds competitions, one I travelled to the UK for.

These new rules have killed the sport I found great joy and relaxation in and I feel a bit hard done by. I see though that you can still dress up in full tactical gear and act out shooting people in airsoft and paintball. I'm not anti them, but then why do non violent target shooting disciplines get penalised.

I miss that aspect, but am grateful I do pest work for a job,

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 8:36pm
Because the weapons with hard projectiles have the potential to injure or kill. If you started airsoft ft shooting sure you would have no issues with the law.
Not that bbs be that great for it.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 8:38pm
Don't forget you don't have to register antique rifles, roll on crims with muskets. Lmao
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic