Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Firearms / Shooting Laws...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Firearms / Shooting Laws...
    Posted: 07 May 2023 at 3:55pm
Hi All,

I'm starting to hear some scarey things about the new NZ laws coming in.... stupid stuff like you can't shoot on your own property anymore? WTF? Angry

It's probably wrong but after a little bit of research, I think it would be smart to vote ACT in October - here's why?:

Voting ACT will save our Shooting Sport and will prevent it being severely constrained…

Thank God for Nicole McKee: https://www.act.org.nz/nicole-mckee

Please do spread the word…. Thanks.   14 October 2023 is our chance to save our sport!

PS: Does anyone know if "Sports" are listed in our Human Rights legislation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 4:28pm
Yep you are right there.

The guy who came with me when I shot my deer with my crossbow. He is a long range competitive shooter and has been behind alot of the shooters protests when the current government changed laws after Chch shootings. He told me that there is a scary amount of legislation going to come in if we don't stand up for the sport. And goodness knows if we will be able to shoot any airgun in the future without FAL's etc....
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 4:41pm
I can’t comment much on the politics side, still too new to NZ to be able to vote, but I can tell you your firearms laws here in NZ are way less restrictive then in many other countries around the world, which is a freedom and a right you should defiantly stand up for and protect!
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 5:03pm
Yep if you look over across the ditch to Australia, can't have air rifles, air soft without FAL and I reckon that's what may happen here but praying it doesn't.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 8:49am
So what your proposing is voting for party that probly won't get run the country but may have a small say.
You seem to be promoting the idea that act can repeal laws that will take a vote through government to pass and most likely not passed as majority of the government will not vote for it, Or will do deals for other policies that they promote that are more acceptable to other parties that hold governance with act.
You are also promoting that we vote for a party based on this one subject.
There are a lot more serious issues, that have lead to the missus of guns, that affect social and economic delvolpment in this country.
Though I don't like what is happening with gun laws I think voting for how a country is run based on it's gun laws isn't the best option. Even if its something I total enjoy and hate the way it is being portrayed and the idiotic/knee jerk reaction rules being formed around it, that punish us as gun users for no good reason.
But that's my view and will be the only thing that has to do with politics I'll put up on this site.

Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 9:19am
Yep!

A "small say" when you're the King Maker party (with National?) goes a long way Kruza!

If you do nothing, you'll get nothing! Our sport is under significant threat.... and here is a party (like 'em or not) that will save our sport.

Let the debate expand and grow! Smile

I've said my bit....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 9:44am
I don't consider killing pest animals a sport. 👍
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 10:12am
But target shooting is 👍
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 10:23am
And a very fine one at that, which requires a lot of skill and knowledge and definitely one under threat with current proposed laws. That I have no dought about at all. Nor that laws are not well thought out or benificial to shooters or our way of life at all.
I'm not in disagreement with that at all.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 12:17pm
gun laws are allways bout politics,this last lot we are inflicted with was never about what government and police told the public it was,it was never about making the country saffer as they told the public it was,and that lie has exploded in their faces since,as not a day or two goes buy now there isnt a shooting by some idiot or crim with an illegal gun,bassically because idiots and crims dont obey any laws in the first place a very simple fact politions and police just never seem to be able to grasp,99% of all gun crime isnt and never has been commited by legal licensed gun owners ,just another true the powers that be will never admit,because they cant stop criminal activty and never will either,so its easier to pick on licensed gun owners because they can get at them and boast bout it on the media making it look like they are actually doing something bout crime when in fact thet are doing nothing at all bout crime with guns illegally held by crims its all about a feel good political agenda that looks good in the media yet does nothing to improve public saftey and bringing new stricter gun laws that only affect the law abiding wont change a thing because its not and never has been the law abiding that are the problem we now have with criminal misuse of illegally held guns that is not going to go away,we now have an essentually armed police force,but that hasnt changed or improved anything either has it,as all it means is our police now shoot more people than the whole of aussie but this hasnt stopped criminal misuse of firearms either has it??all arming our police has done is to make them parniod bout guns evan more. 
as for the politics of who to vote for on this issuse,i agree with a pevious post that there are more important things to cast a vote for than just the gun issuse,ACT will never have the power to change gun laws and the rest wont do either,they are all going to come after licenced legal gun owners no matter what simpliy because its political expediant to doso,as it makes politions look good on tv which is all bout getting votes nothing else,been while since posted anything but this one deserves a reply.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic