Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down the rabbit hole

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 5:15pm
Thanks. Doing a lot adjustment and finally find out that the scope is leaning toward right becasue the srews on each mount side are not equally tightened... So the former sight-in work won't fix this problem totally. Re do it and will try flat nose and round nose tomorrow if not rainning.
Flat nose- guncity
Round nose- Winchester (made in Spain so is good?)Wink
Will try:
rest-sandbag
normoal standing
an alternative pose of artillery hold (fold left arm, use the elbow to hold the gun, left hand grabing right wrist rather than use left hand to hold it)

Edited by CuteRabbit - 04 Feb 2023 at 5:17pm
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 1:28am
I bought a new BSA scope recently which was factory fitted on its rail mount. But I thought I would check it with my Accutech level and sure enough it was off.

I suggest you consider this if you don't already have one:
https://www.guncity.com/accutech-reticle-level-kit-379898

I don't bother with a cleaning set. Just Rem Oil and paper towels. If your rifle has a factory fitted and fixed moderator like the Gamo and BSA, then bore cleaning is a risky proposition. Personally, I don't bother. Its not like there is combustion as in a powder rifle.

I have a safe dehumidifier which I pull out every week or so and plug in overnight. Definitely an item worth having if your rifles are stored in an enclosed location like a safe (as they should be).

Edited by FPM - 05 Feb 2023 at 1:34am
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 8:18am
I use a string line with a heavy weight which I line the vertical cross hair up with, and a string line bubble level on the rifle on a flat machined face(usually one on top of rifle somewhere) for setting scope.
Have used the edge of builders level instead of string line.
Though what you suggest is a way more practical solution, and can be used to make sure you arnt canting rifle when shooting.
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 3:10pm
Winkthanks,gonna visit guncity someday recently I think
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 3:19pm
I think I didn't make it clearly, this pic is what i say
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 3:22pm
I filled my sandbag with newspaper, which is too light...
Also the table is too low that I can merely put my cheek on to the stock...
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 3:23pm
elbow hold is stable but seems my neck is not long enough to put my cheek on stock easily...
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 3:24pm
All groups with flatnose 
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 3:26pm
6shots, 2flierCry
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 3:44pm
By the way, tried a brand new surgemax. I am happy with my second hand one becasue the new one seems 1.5times harder to cock and louder... and the maybe because it is cheap, the safe is very very tight on the new surgemax. Cannot open it with hand, and we finally use a lever to open it... this is really not reasonable design. After about 5 shots, the new surgemax's safe is lighter and can be shifted by hand but still very very tight...and my second hand one is just as smooth as a normal safeWink
Wondering will the new one be more powerful? donnot have good materials to test power for now, so just guest for the louder sound and harder to cock.

Edited by CuteRabbit - 05 Feb 2023 at 3:47pm
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic