Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down the rabbit hole

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:03am
EmbarrassedWell. Not really
The whole story is that my friend I mentioned above insist no rifled barrel in cheap air guns( he has a CR600 CO2). So I took my two rifles to show him. And this time he insist that's not rifle lines...? because it is straight...
We use flash light to look into it as deep as we and seems straight...
I said maybe the twist rate is very very super low so seems like straight... and He laughed loud...
And yes, it is not like pics of real gun rifle lines online.
Maybe lines are straight at the both ends but that makes no sense???
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:10am
I'm over it Your trolling.
I'm pretty sure I got a goid idea who you are too.
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:28am
emmm,whats that mean?Embarrassed
Squirrel goes Vege

FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:51am
I am new here and have tried to be polite to everyone and not get involved in pre-existing issues. But I must say, CuteRabbit, some of your posts do not make sense in the context of this conversation and others appear to be all over the place.

While you managed to get a couple of air rifles because you don't require a license at this time (Unlike Australia) you should still consider a lot of us are licensed firearms holders or mix in these circles.

And if you come across here or IRL as a bit odd - this will create issues for you. This is especially so with the increased "fit and proper person" thing and the recent legislative changes affecting clubs. If you later want to get an FAL you will need to be a member of a club or have someone who has an FAL to vouch for you.

So in the nicest way I suggest you think before you post and be on the level with folks here.

Edited by FPM - 02 Feb 2023 at 1:02am
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:01am
I also try to stay out of things and let the forum flow, but i am getting a little annoyed with some of the stuff you are posting as well, If you keep it up you may not have access to this forum for much longer.

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:25pm
CryCryCry
Post this issue again because failed to convince my friend... and I won't afford a pinhole camera to check the barrels deep inside... so just post it for a quick answer and some solid evidence.
OK, then. Seems really over react at the rifled barrel things?If so, gonna trust you guys. I think he just too proud to be convinced then?Unhappy
Just like you guys. I am annoyed to chat with him, every time end up that he boast how powerful an AKM is, saying the 7.62 is over 10cm big... I try to explain that the 10cm big should be the case not the bullet on the top for 0.3 is nearly 7.62mm as I checked online. Seems like he just try to say how lame my and his air rifles are...so tired to convince him
Anyway, I am serious looking for an answer while you guys feels a trolling or something? Maybe I just should give up to chat with my bros about air rifle things because they refuse to study nor believe...Angry

Edited by CuteRabbit - 02 Feb 2023 at 1:27pm
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:35pm

Still too spreading, lack of accuracy with my surgemax. Standing normal hold, no artillery hold.
Gonna try to re sight-in it and use gun rest and tripod to shoot someday later when I get spare time.
Wondering would be the reason that my surgemax and scope are from trademe 2nd hand.
Should I sell them and buy a brand new one at gun city? my Stalker Jr. new from guncity seems more accurate?Embarrassed

Edited by CuteRabbit - 02 Feb 2023 at 1:37pm
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:45pm
CryCryCryAustralia is more restrict? That is really a bad news... Seems NZ always tend to keep similar with AUS...CryCryCry Thanks for your info. about FAL by the way.

Edited by CuteRabbit - 02 Feb 2023 at 1:45pm
Squirrel goes Vege

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:41pm
No I would say the reason is despite being given advice on how to hold it and recommended to look up artillery hold, you haven't listened or spent enough time practicing it.
Could be pellets also but they seem to be side by side on a few shots.
If it shoots where you aim from a rested position (assuming you are holding it correct in the rest) you may well be pulling the trigger badly and making the rifle pull to one side. (Though if it was windy that may be why but over 12m not sure that would matter)
If you don't want to pratice the artillery hold, or listen to the other advice you have been given on how to hold a springer, you'd be better off selling your springers and getting a pump air rifle. They more friendly for shooting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:52pm
EmbarrassedNo artillery hold for now. Still have job so not too much time for practicing, sadly.
Tried artillery hold, but also normal hold like before. The 5 groups posted at page2 is the one when I just got it with a 4x20scope, and haven't heard of Artillery hold by that time. So just try to keep same to reach that level again. Maybe that group is accurate for my green-hand luck? not sure now.

By the way, as some mates said it is monitored by G. I gonna delete S-D words and parts above. The first time you replied I just realised the sensitivity but seems everyone come later then want to reply that it's so wrong to put that word here . I think that somehow is a repeatly emphasizing of that word. So delete it. And no more mention it, guys...

Edited by CuteRabbit - 02 Feb 2023 at 3:02pm
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic