Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down the rabbit hole

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:42pm
This is the best 5shot group after a really rough sight-in with 4x20scope the time I just got it.
Never reach to that level after buying a 4x32 second hand scope for it. So sad...
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:45pm
For Stalk Jr.
Have to say it is really a cheap but full with fun rifle.
It is light that can even fire it with single right hand like a pistol if regardless the accuracy. Really friendly for beginner and only $119 (green one is only $99 even) at guncity now...Embarrassed

Edited by CuteRabbit - 29 Jan 2023 at 10:46pm
Squirrel goes Vege

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:47pm
Upload any pictures you like here. Maybe pratice and upload some target pictures too. We can tell alot from targets. If you upload a target and say every time I shoot it is on the target, but we look at the picture and the shots are all over the place and none are together we might go, that could be the pellet you use. (pellets make a big difference to how a gun shoots)

The 4 tins at bottom are the pellets my guns like. 2 in 177, 2 in 22. The top ones are pellets that I've tried that don't shoot as good in my guns, and there's still about 5 other brands on top of that I've tried that weren't as good. None of them are wad cutters ( flat nose pellets that target shooters use)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:52pm
Wow, you have tried so many types of pellets.
For me, only the flat nose $15.99 .177 guncity brand now...haven't try others.
Bought one box of spike nose recommended by fishing shop staff, but never try it, only for hunting I think?Cry 

Edited by Pauly5 - 01 Feb 2023 at 6:26pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:57pm
Help if you measure the size of the group from the furtherest two holes up and down and same from side to side.
Try the holding your hand strait or on finger tips to get closer to point of balance. You can also try adding some weight to the back of rifle to make it more balanced.
Your junior are rifle probly does not have a much kick, that stops the gun moving as much. Target shooters will tune thier air rifle down in fps so the kick is less and more accurate.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:05pm
Thanks
you mean modify it's cylinder to down the fps or use a heavier pellet?
emm, some day I want to try the Hatsan .30 M130. It is only 550fps though .30 pellet. Wondering how it feels. think that is a real efficient rifle that hunters will really use for hunting at old ages?
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:13pm
WinkI am not a hunting guy but want to try dif kinds of air rifle with no FAL needed.
If only for good accurate performance, then I think some competive PCP is better. That goes too pro and costy for me.

Edited by CuteRabbit - 29 Jan 2023 at 11:14pm
Squirrel goes Vege

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:35pm
No air rifle pellet is for self defence. You would be better off hitting them with the rifle.
If you are shooting short distance paper targets, try a few differnt flat nose pellets. (that is what they are made for and tend to be accurate)
But try a few differnt brands of pellets one might work better.
After that a round nose pellet would probly be your next best choice. If you are just shooting targets you don't need pointy or hollow nose pellets, or ones with spikes on the end. They are not as accurate for target shooting and just a waste of money.
Look up what pellets people like.
I tried a lot of cheap pellets and now buy better quality ones.
But having said that some guns will shoot really good with cheap pellets.
Check your pellets for damage before you shoot them. A damaged pellet will not shoot strait. Especially if the skirt (back of the pellet) is damaged.
Thats me for now.Im going to bed. Hopefully some of the other ppl will help you with information.
Listen to them. A lot of these guys target shoot, a lot of these guys build guns and tune their own guns, they know what they are talking about and are way more qualified than me to give you good advise.
2 things you need to get out of your head.
1: having a speedy pellet or high fps. It means nothing for you at the moment is what a gun shop uses to sell you a gun. Later on you'll learn how to use it for seeing what arc your pellet takes, or how much energy a pellet has down range but for now you should learn the basic stuff.
2: using an air gun for self defence is not something that you should consider when buying an air rifle. If you use an air rifle in self-defense your going to get in more trouble than you want with the police. They will treat it the same as using a powder rifle. Everytime someone uses a air rifle for stupid stuff like that it gets closer to us loosing the right to use air rifles with out a license.
You could very well end up with someone coming back with a proper gun and you won't win that fight.
Its not hard to tell a break barrel air rifle from a powder gun. If you pointed one at me I'd take it off you wrap the butt around your head several times then call the cops on you.
We are responcable gun users and will alienate you pretty fast if you keep going on about it. This isn't America.
I'm off to bed. Good night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:53pm
Big smileYep. that is why I never use the spike pellet. 
Never been to USA. But heard that their gun issue is serious... but yes, still can see that kind of recommendations on youtube, so sad...Cry

Edited by CuteRabbit - 02 Feb 2023 at 2:58pm
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 4:08pm
Cryjust have a hold of Storeger RX40... still feel heavy. Can feel the weight so clearly...
Maybe my arm is not strong enoughOuch
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic