Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Air Gun Clubs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beginner looking for Clubs around Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:42am
CryThat's pretty old fashion I had to say.
Auckland seems a little bit different though,
you know staff there just want to sell smthing to you or leave you to have a look.
They can only break the barrel, show the joint but not cock it. seems because no space for shooting if cock it.
Cry

Edited by CuteRabbit - 24 Jan 2023 at 1:21am
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:46am
What utter crap. Your talking through a hole in your arse.
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 1:23am
CryCryCryha, you are right! just checked my barrels.
They are rifled !
Just cheap rifles never mentioned the rifled steel barrel in their descriptionCryCryCry
Then that should be cool with rifled barrel.
Squirrel goes Vege

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 1:42am
That's a whole new thing again involving twist rates, how the barrel was made, length, thickness, harmonic vibration, crowns. Pcp go to a another lvl in tunability compared to springers.
Bsa and gamo are both owned by the same company, but bsa have a pretty good reputation for thier barrel making method. lothar walther barrels seem to have a good name for after market barrels.
I watched a video that was talking about FX barrels that were smooth but twisted as they formed them to induce spin. A barrel that was smooth till just near the end then rifled.
Look up barrel twist rates, look up what affect does barrel length have, look up air gun barrel manufactor process. Look up barrel crowns. Look up how does harmonic vibration affect poi,look up tuning a rifle barrel.

Edited by kruzaroad - 24 Jan 2023 at 1:49am
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:04am
I see you removed the post you put up about barrels being smooth bore under 300 dollars cuterabbit. For those who are wondering why I put that's utter crap etc, it was in reply to the most long winded utter crap you have ever read about barrel rifling not being used in air guns under $300 then proceeded to list a whole heap of guns that didn't have rifled barrels. All of them rifled. He removed the post.
Anyway cuterabbit. That's it from me.
I haven't decided if your for real or just someone trolling but I'll let the more experiance forum members help you with your epic air gun knowledge.
Enjoy the forum. Enjoy your air gunning. Spend some time learning, lots of time practicing and welcome to the world of air gunning. It's not just point and shoot if you want to get seriously into it.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:11am
Sometimes it hard to give advice when you already know everything.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 10:03am
CryCryCryyeah, remove that part just for it is too detailed and avoid someone just read or google that part which is a total wrong info.
Wonder why there are not too much info about air rifle barrel on youtube. most are a little bit commercial review.
Got that wrong because once asked one staff why Gamo is much more expensive and the answer is a better rifled barrel. I got it wrong that cheap rifles are with smooth bore. Searching descriptions about rifles on GunCity or other Shops, and just find only expensive rifles mentioned rifled steel barrel. For example, BSA silentium even mentioned the cold hammer forged barrel used but not saying it is rifled, so weird some how???ShockedShockedShocked 

Edited by CuteRabbit - 24 Jan 2023 at 10:06am
Squirrel goes Vege

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 10:10am
Check out this site.
There's a series of videos called air gunning 101.
It explains a lot of things.
https://youtube.com/@AirArmsHuntingSA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 10:57am
WinkThanks
Squirrel goes Vege

FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 10:34pm
The Gamo Magnum is a great choice. I have G2 model and the 10 shot mag can be a bit iffy between 1 and 2 but otherwise a good rifle and really powerful.

I totally get the Auckland dilemma. If you come this way (Tararua) come and shoot some targets at our rural place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic