Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Air Gun Clubs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beginner looking for Clubs around Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beginner looking for Clubs around Auckland
    Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 12:55pm
EmbarrassedI am a total brand new beginner with my little air rifle LoL
  CrySadly, my landlord dont have a big back-yard. I can do a little 12m target shooting when he is happy with that.Embarrassed
   So just wonder if there are airgun target shooting sites or clubs and are they expensive?
   It already costs me a lot with my AirChief Stalker Junior($119), 4x20scope($20), pellets(over $30), foldable table and chair and shooting-rest(about $300)CryCryCry
   Thinking about getting a full size air rifle when I find shooting site. Considering Umarex SurgeMax ($349 with 4x32scope, gas-spring, .177, 1050fps says on box, covered by mount-rail so real-rifle looking) and Crosman series .22 but they are too expensive.
EmbarrassedWinkWink

Edited by CuteRabbit - 19 Jan 2023 at 12:56pm
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 9:35pm
EmbarrassedCryCryanyone?
Squirrel goes Vege

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 7:54am
Good morning,

There is the North Harbor Airgun Club. I am in Wellington, so don't know the address but if you search that in Facebook you should find it. There's also another indoor club called Auckland Air Rifle Club you can search for.

One of their members is on this forum, so any problems finding them, let us know.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:05am
Or as this thread is posted in the air guns clubs section of the site, you could just look down the list.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:20am
WinkWinkWinkthank you
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:23am
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedthank you. Auckland nowaday is more like a big-city and people there are very nervous when you mentioned anything about bb gun... Think thats because the very heavy police force and very narrow yards or no yard at all...CryCryCry
Squirrel goes Vege

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:15pm
Some advise for you. I know kruzaroad mentioned to you earlier.

Before you start knocking on the doors of an airgun club you need to decide what direction you are going in the airgun world. Target shooting or hunting type.

I've never been a target shooter but I would imagine if you were to turn up with a cheap hunting air rifle like the ones you have mentioned you might not be allowed to shoot there. If it's target shooting your looking at doing you need to save up at least $1500 for a decent target rifle with a very good scope.

One thing you may not have thought of, is the powerful air rifles you have mentioned (even those with silencers fitted) are very loud and shooting in a tiny back yard will certainly make the neighbors a bit jumpy with shots being heard. Neighbors will not hesitate to call the police if you are not careful.

If I was you in your situation, I would take up air soft. Most guns are quiet enough for back yard shooting and there are more airsoft clubs around for joining in on club shoots. But getting into air soft is also costly to get all the gear for this sport.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 1:42pm
CryCryThanks a lot. 1500...That is a large amount...Cry
By the way, it seems that I would better play plinking back to Canterbury, big yard. Can I take the air rifles with me on ferry or flight? Or I have to sell them and buy some new rilfes when arrive south island?
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 1:44pm
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedWow, 1500. I think only Gamo Swarm Magnum 10X 3rd Gen with 3-9x40scope can reach that level. Even Gamo fusion or Crossman Magfire are only around 600-700 I think?

Edited by CuteRabbit - 23 Jan 2023 at 1:47pm
Squirrel goes Vege

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 2:13pm
Fps is not really the best way to rate an Air rifle.
It depends a lot on the pellet you use. If you want speeds like that, you will sacrifice accuracy. You will find a pellet becomes unstable after high 900 Fps, so there's no point it going lightening fast if you can't hit anything.
Shot placement will beat power most of the time. You should be able to take your gun to South Island no problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic