Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fav air gun and moment 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 8:46am
I just clicked on the link in your footer Dave. I saw that video when it first came out, but only just put 2 and 2 together.
Good stuff. I used to have an HFT500 in the sporter stock. I love the look of that stock. Great stuff!
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 10:02am
Hi Paul,

Yeah, that's me - getting younger every day!!!!Smile

What a lovely rifle the HFT500 is! I bet you enjoyed shooting that, young man?!

There's some great topics on the forum at the moment - very interesting eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 10:05am
Sadly I sold it to buy an EV2, which wasn't bad, just more target focused.
Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 4:31pm
Happy New year Everyone. Have been to busy to join in the discussions, am packing up house for the move north to Orewa at the end of the month.

Still my favourite Airgun is the Sig ASP20.
This rabbit was taken at 68m back in February this year, measured with the rangefinder. Used a strainer post as a rest and got the head shot. Cometa 10,34 grain. Still using these pellets.

Back to the packing
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:24pm
Sweet placement.
Was a good area orewa, many years back. Like before the motor way behind it.
Have no idea now, but hope the move goes well and the area is just as good as was back then.
You'll be able to shoot yourself a kukabura up those ways. Have seen one there years back. Turn right at waiwera instead of left to the pools.
Wild gallahs out there too.

Edited by kruzaroad - 02 Jan 2023 at 5:24pm
Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:37pm
I am finding that the TX200 that I recently acquired may soon become my favourite. Have only downed 1 rabbit with it so far but has nicer manners than the Sig
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:47pm
They are a awsome gun. But heavy, and god did I baby it because of lovely finished stock and bluing.
Sig gets the hunting gun treatment and It's a more practical for hooning around through scrub for me.
Still I never regretted the tx, its finish and weight was its downfall for me, no complaints about how well built, and accuracy

Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 7:19am
Great shot Ralph!

Once you find the right pellet, these SIG's perform well eh?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 12:22pm
Well Kruza I don't see the point in owning a rifle if I can't use it. I have gone past the stage of collecting guns because of their age, heritage  etc. So the TX will be a Hunter, don't mind the weight and I'm sure it will get the odd ding or scrape but it will account for a few rabbits
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 12:41pm
And I imagine it will serve you well.
I never used many pellets hunting with mine. Shots hit where they were aimed 8 times out of ten. (me when they didn't)
It had such a smooth predicable action.
I was trying to find a lighter stock for mine before I Swapped it. But air arms don't make a. Synthetic and other purpose built ones we're geared more towards target shooters and as much as the and more.
I've done a couple of 5-6 hour hunts on the farm with it, I found the weight   noticeable after about 3 hours.
One thing I'll give the gamo is you could tote it around all day without noticing it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic