Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

good morning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 1:53pm
Air gun rated scope? Springers kill scopes.
Great you've got it up and running. Throw a few pics.
I image a spring won't be hard to get.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

@nunga so how far would you go when touching up a cylinder. I. E light deburring, slight polish, leave alone etc. Would this vary from cheaper to top quality models?

I would leave it alone, not worth the risk, been there done that lol.

Polishing builds up friction very quickly on the piston seal as there is more surface area touching the seal, i would be looking to open the transfer port and polishing that to get a bit more power but again if you open it up to much you will end up losing power.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

dropshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 4:08pm
Spoke to guy at j vaughan &co.the main spring is tired too(30yrs old -lost temper),so I may renew both in the new year .mate is headed to wellington ,has offered to transport them for me. Itried my chinese special out earlier in the week-   its toey  and barks!!
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 10:43pm
I imagine a new spring and seal would do a heap of good for it.
Shouldn't be to much either.
So how acrrute was the Chinese gun.
I rember they brought one out years ago that was double Sprung.
Powerful, reasonably accurate. Got have a dozen shots on one.
Story I heard was it was made to get new troops in Chinese army use to firing and recoil.
They can make guns when they want to.
dropshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 11:25am
punched a hole through aluminium beer can full of water at 22m approx.its not exactly a crafted piece but typical rusky/chinese like my very early toz17.22rifle!!

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 2:01pm
There are air rifles out there that cost plenty that arnt exactly well built.
Toz rock! One of the best .22lr I've used. I love it.
Closely followed by a jw50, neither great builds but both are as accurate as and shoot flawlessly.
End of the day if you got a good shooter it's a good shooter.
What pellets you use in it?
dropshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 9:22am
Lazer -.177 pointed pellets .Im not as clued up on assorted dynamics of pellets as you guys asre obviously ,but these things do everything i want.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 1:12pm
Ive got 5 differnt brands of .177 pellets here, three I won't be using two I'm about to stock up on so can spare some, if you want to try a few other brands to see if they are more accurate.
Can send you about 30 of each.
Pellets can make all the difference, and it sux buying them to find out they're useless in your gun.
If your gamo is .22 I've got a few differnt weights and types I can send as well.
Pm me with your address if you want to try them.
dropshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 8:33am
sorry  for being tardy ,but Merry Xmas and Seasons Greetings to all forum members and whanua.Itrust santa was generous!!!
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 2:24pm
Merry Xmas and Happy New year too you.
I got a dead bull and tractor ran out of gas. Hope you faired better 👍
Weather's been awsome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic