Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

good morning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 7:23am
Iman exTFinfantryman ,thought the moniker might get a bite.actually am about to attermpt to make a spring.thanks for your words of wisdom -much appreciated.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 7:35am
Is that part number 1217 your talking about?
Looks like you can get a gas piston for it as well.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 7:37am
Nope saw that wrong it's just the piston
Here's a link on how to make a leather seal
https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2007/12/how-to-make-a-leather-piston-seal/

Edited by kruzaroad - 04 Dec 2022 at 7:50am
dropshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 10:49am
look  just below  the plastic end cap on the butt end of the drawing -its that wee U shaped spring im after.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 11:11am
That shouldn't be to hard to make.
It is part mum 1217.0 of you want to try and order one from vaughans.
I imagine it's not particually heavy spring. Might get away with making it out of thin mild steel wire and heat treating it. (heat it till metal starts to tinge blue and drop it old car oil to cool)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 11:27am
These guys have on in stock. Overseas mind.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 6:28pm
Welcome along sir
dropshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 5:48pm
thamks billbob -much appreciated .guys -about to polish the chamber in this rifle .ok to use autosol polish on a mop with electric drill???though t id make a few 4x2gunpatch wads -put the stuff on and give it a spin.hope to smooth chamber out looks a bit rough and hence less wear on piston /seal.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 7:24pm
I haven't polished the chamber before, I'm sure someone here has. I do remember seeing a video on YouTube of someone having a tour of FX airguns and they were polishing the chamber and barrel and testing between polishing to get the accuracy perfect. I keep it in the back of my head and will try sometime. I should try on my Hatsan .25cal
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 7:41pm
I used 2000 grit wet and dry on my gamo with no ill affect on fps.
Petrolium based stuff may leave behind a Residue that between the heat generated by the piston (its way up there) and the pressure generated causes an ignition of said substance
This causes uneven pressure over several plus shots, which at worst will
damage piston seal at best throw your point of impact off untill substance is burnt out.
Check the ingredients for petroleum/flammable products.
Watch how much you take off when polishing it. It is after all the seal chamber.
There are air gun friendly polishes, I'm a bit more number 8 wire.
There are oils specifically for oiling the chamber, you will need of these for when you oil the chamber and seal or molygrease.
My question would be how fine is autosol, if it has chemicals that are flammable do you have something to clean it out with, throughly, that doesn't have combustibles.
There ppl here who can give you more experianced advice when they read it.
You get the spring made?

Edited by kruzaroad - 05 Dec 2022 at 7:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic