Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

good morning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: good morning
    Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 12:41pm
morning all,Dropshort here ,new member .avid firearms enthusiast ,airrifles ,shotguns duckgoose hunting and also centre fire rifles.have a couple of airifles nowt too fancy. looking forward to getting some good advice /knowledge from those in the know and likewise if i can contribute in a postive way.
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by dropshort dropshort wrote:

morning all,Dropshort here ,new member .avid firearms enthusiast ,airrifles ,shotguns duckgoose hunting and also centre fire rifles.have a couple of airifles nowt too fancy. looking forward to getting some good advice /knowledge from those in the know and likewise if i can contribute in a postive way.

Welcome. I'm an air rifle enthusiast with a couple of firearms 😃
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 4:41pm
Hi and welcome aboard. You'll get some sound advice from guys here. I'm constantly surprised at what gems of knowledge are stashed away in the grey matter of some of these guys.
Have no dought you can contribute in plenty of ways, hunting air rifle adventures always appeal to me personally.
Put up anything you find interesting I recon. You never know what little gems of knowledge you have, that you may be an insight for a member, but seem like nothing to you.
What you shooting air gun wise, how you enjoying them. What's your prefured shooting.
Great to have you here.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:03pm
G'day dropshort,

Welcome to the forum.

Paul.
dropshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:21pm
primarily ducks /geese,but willing to have a crack at anything .i do have a chinese  airirfle ,periodically do a spot of backyard target practise  but mayvbe not enough to get really proficient .Thays primarily why id like to recondition the 600s Gamo Ive got sitting here  in pieces .It is a bit of a brute.Im looking for a spring that smooths out the safety operation ,but its proving a bit of a task.Id also like to tune that up a little so Illbe willingly seeking advice from you guys on here as youve obviously got a lot of knowledge etc on these beasties.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 6:08pm
So what have done to it thus far or is it been disassemble.

dropshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 6:36pm
It came to me in parts via my sons cobber .he also presented the mangled safety spring which to put it bluntly was munted! the rest looks Ok to my eye altho an experiencewd shooters eyeball mk1 over the piston etc would be much appreciated .the piston appears to be cupped with a leather washer???

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 7:09pm
Yep earlier ones were leather.
There's ppl here that are way more onto it than me.
But look up polishing a air gun cylinder. Polishing trigger. Polishing piston.
Crosman cylinder oil. What oils you can't use. Moly grease.
Can't help with spring.
Hopefully some with more knowledge will get back to you within a couple of days. But that should start heading you in right direction.
If you don't know the artillery hold principles look that up too, and why air gunners use it.
Right I'm off to try this sig out in the field.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 9:53pm
Welcome from Taranaki.

I look forward to hearing what others think of early Gamo, the later models get a hard time.
I think they are all "harsh to operate" and if you have to invest in anything more than a seal it can be for little reward.

Chinese airgun with a reasonable trigger can do good work at targets and pest control.

Look forward to some pictures and interesting conversations.

Custom Seals Australia have some great kits.
Youngs Airgun Centre in Auckland almost always able to help.
NZ Gamo contact is Vaughan Sports.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 10:53pm
Yea, was going to suggest custom seals in Australia. Of late, TinBum Tuning has put out a video on spring kits for some versions of Gamo's and they are selling good quality springs too, so it may be worth checking them out or even contacting Nick Stanning of TBT.

Some picture of the gun might yeild some good advice from others that might know it too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic