Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I've gone rouge - non airgun!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've gone rouge - non airgun!
    Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:57pm
Well finally its here and apparently I am one of the first in NZ to receive one :)

Mangkung Chester Bullpup Crossbow, 200lb draw weight firing bolts at a blazing 425fps. Mungkung make this for Centerpoint which they call the Wraith and sell for 1K more (theirs come with a silent crank for cocking) Gun city wont like this they sell Centrepoint xbows... I was going to get the Wrath when I found out that H&F were getting these in. I upgraded the scope to a full ballistic reticle scope for 20yd out to 100yrd so will be great for big game down here. 

Will post some pics once I've fired it.  

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:59pm
Foot Stirrup folds out for cocking and as a bipod for prone shooting and then underneath to make it one of the most compact xbows on the market
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 8:35pm

Awesome, stirrips for loading at 200 pds draw, I remember struggling to load a 80 pder when I was a young buck. Only time I ever used one, got charged by a rabbit in long grass he ran into my boot, bounced off an disappeared, I was in shock.

Had a crack a another one but lost the bolt, bloody expensive hunting tip, spent ages trying to find it, forestry job paid 30 a week after camp and cook house, every dollar was precious, dozen beer 8 bucks, so losing a bolt was serious. Good Times

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 8:56pm
Nice looking crossbow. Been keen to hear how it preforms.
Does it seriously have the " fingers down" written on scope?
Whats the target species you got it for? Will you be using blunt tip for small game or keeping to larger animals only.
Is it in time for your hunting trip?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:24pm
Haha will get some cheaper carbon bolts with small game tips for rabbits and Hare. Broadheads for Wallaby, Deer, Tahr and Chamois.

Yes it does have a reminder about your fingers, my xbow has excellent finger gaurds. Older xbows if you left your fingers up the string would take the tips off when you fired. Here is a top veiw.

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:28pm
$30 a week....! But you would have been more happier than the average young kid these days :) I know some of my father's friends worken in forestry and the story's they can tell hahaha
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:28pm
OK can see how it works, old style you just had to free hand it, was a broadhead  I lost.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:39pm
The green rope is the cocking rope. Has a sled that runs up the stock to make sure it's evenly pulled back
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:36am
I had a similar bow to that one. I ended  up selling it in the end as you lose the bolts so easily and if you hit a tree they brake, it was costing too much
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 1:53pm
Well I need a proper Xbow rated target....

Blew through both hay bales at 20..... and only just holding by fletching at 50 so took it out to 80 and below shows how far the 20" bolt came through both bales. 

Scope with range reticle is perfect. At 80 I aimed about 14" right as there is a right to left breeze and POI was perfect for height but drifted a little bit further to the left. 

Trigger is very crisp, and shot is surprisingly very quiet and virtually no vibration.

80 yards 

Through both Bales and sticking out by a good 6"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic