Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crosman 362 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 9:12pm
With the front sights, you should be able to pull it off, then put it on straight. If you turn the barrel you will missalign the transfer port and you will loose power.
The grubscrew in the front barrel band is needed when you have the plastic breech as additional support. Once the steel breech is fitted the barrel will be supported much better.
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 9:19pm
I did pull off the front sight and realign it but it still was a bit crooked.
So if I put a metal breech on , is the front grub screw not as important as with a plastic breech.

As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 11:16pm
Correct, but still worth having done up.

The metal breech has a grub screw to hold the barrel in it, where the plastic breech relies on the transfer port and that front grub screw.

If your front grub screw is stripped and won't tighten, you could tap it for the next size up.
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 7:53pm
emailed youngs about the steel breech , 5 weeks away . Thats algood though.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 8:01pm
I can get you one sooner, won't be back on farm to weekend and prob won't get sent to midweek.
You'll have to return it when get new one. Not sure about bolt didn't look, but prob be better seeing if you can one made for you as I'd want bolt back too. But if have one can borrow that too.

Edited by kruzaroad - 28 Aug 2023 at 8:02pm
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 8:05pm
Thanks soo much for the offer Kruzaroad , but its ok as im not in too much of a rush for it.
A fair few legends around here !
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:11pm
I blooded the 362 yesterday. Eight pumps and it smoked the bunny I was shooting.
Head shot , was very please wit the shot placement.
Was a pretty close shot , about 15 meters with open sights , cant wait for the steel breach and when I fit the red dot sight to the 362.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 5:12pm
Makes a huge difference for sure.
I sighted mine in at 26m once put red dot on. Ain't target shooting accuracy at that range but well within the grouping I require at sight in range to make it a hunter. (Though the pumping action is going to limit how much use it gets for hunting)
Great little guns for shooting.
Sure the rabbits your way are going to lament you buying it 👍

Edited by kruzaroad - 17 Sep 2023 at 5:12pm
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 4:24pm
My steel breach has arrived yay !
I also have a red dot scope to fit.
Will post pictures when all assembled !
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 4:39pm
Sweet. Looking forward to it.
One bonus is all that pumping 1322/362 seems to have strengthened my arm, when holding the forestock for shooting. 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic