Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crosman 362 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 6:17pm
I've got a spare bolt if you can't find yours kruza
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 7:38pm
You  lads are amazing !
As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 8:57am
So here's my latest pondering on the 362 valve system that I'd be keen for some comment on, as to its validity:
The big issue is air release, pump to many times doesn't drop all the air.
So why does the valve need to reclose strait away.
If you were to put a vavle return spring in that was only strong enough to return the valve once the hammer was cocked, it would allow total release of the air at over pumped pressures as the valve would be held open.
This would mean the only thing that would stop the valve would be pressure locking it. Pressure locking takes way more pumps than not clearing the air due to valve return.
Obviouy there is the extra strain on all parts related to pumping, but that's a differnt issue at moment
The biggest issue I see is leaving a pump or two in when storing. This would be impossible without some sort of spring adjustor though I'm running through a cam/twist lock idea through the back cap, so you could just release the spring pressure that way for storage. Also the only way I can see of not leaving one or the other spring in a compressed state.
Big question would be how much does that return spring dampen the shock of hammer hitting.
How much would recoil increase
Would the hammer cause damage if it was allowed to go forward and stay forward on the valve pin and the wall that separates the compression chamber from the channel to the top port.

Edited by kruzaroad - 13 Aug 2023 at 9:10am
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 9:20am
The hammer holding the valve open shouldn't be a problem other than you will need to cock before you start pumping won't you?

If not try a lighter valve spring and heavier hammer spring
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 10:31am
Yep would have to be cocked before pumping. But if you get total air release, upto the valve pressure locking, worth the inconvenience.
It may allow me to run a heavier pellet than the 16gr I hover around, for hares, at say 20 pumps.
I'm not thinking extra fpe so much as a longer push on a heavier pellet through the same size top port.
Or even enough added push to compensate a slugs extra friction through the barrel and push it out around pellet speed or just under.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 7:53pm
To get the air out, I would look more at making sure the transfer port allows it to happen quickly first.

I'm looking at the design of some big bore pcp pistols at the moment, and it's the dumpimg of the air through the pathway that is the focus rather than light valve springs.

The FX Impact has an adjustable valve spring, but I would say it's more to do with harmonics rather than lightening the valve return pressure.

But I see what you are getting at Kruz, and it's an interesting concept for this single shot pumper. An electric solenoid type valve would be interesting too.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 9:09pm
But the air valve and tp have been worked.
Widening the tp to much will kill it for lower pressure. That's why I'm looking at extending the push through same size tp.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 9:14pm
Do you still have pressure after firing a shot?
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 9:16pm
After 15 pumps it starts to hold air.
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 6:11pm
Hey lads , So when I received my 362 I noticed the front sight was a bit askew. I searched the shed high and low for a suitable allan key. I ended up having to bring my imperial set home from work.
Anyways , I loosened the allan key and then straightend the front sight as much as possible.
When retightening the screw I noticed it kept turning and I hadnt even done it up tight. 

Have you guys come across this before or have any ideas how to fix this muck up.
I have thought about putting a bigger grub screw in there or put some thread tape on the existing screw.

Does this grub screw actually do much apart from making your barrel twist slightly ?

Thanks

As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic