Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crosman 362 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 2:31pm
Very cool Paul. near 12fpe from 6 pumps os pretty good power.
9 from 4 makes a good bird gun too!

there are some cool modifications starting to come out in USA
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 12:38pm
Skip that brought 1.
Whats chances of you doing a review of you 13xx.
I'd be keen to see what if any mods you've done and your opinion of them.
Also any 13xx parts upgrades you might
Consider for 362.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 4:16pm
@Pauly5, any further updates on this rifle?  I wonder how it compares to the Cannon 737 and 808Magnum...
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 9:16pm
I've never fired either of those before, so can't really compare for you sorry. I'm still enjoying the 362, although I haven't fired it much lately.
Must admit I've gotten so busy I'd forgotten to complete the review properly.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:23pm
I was playing around with the 362 this week. I plan on modifying the valve body soon and I think it will benefit from longer dwell time on the hammer, and just a touch bigger TP. 

I pumped it 12 times and got 16.11 fpe (632 fps) using an 18 grn pellet!! pretty impressive I reckon. But then I loaded another pellet without pumping again, and there was enough pressure left in it to get 4.9 fpe (349 fps) with the same pellet. So if I can get the valve to dump all the air in a shot cycle, then it becomes a legit little hunter for small game. I certainly feel the accuracy is there.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 6:26am
Would dropping the spring pressure that returns the valve to its seated position and increasing the hammer spring pressure do it.
If you can create an imbalance that keeps the valve open you'll exaughst all the gas. It would mean that the gun would have to be cocked before pumping to release the hammer pressure to allow valve to reseat. If that was case it would probly need a adjustable hammer spring tensioner to allow pressure to be taken off the valve so you could store it with a couple of pumps in it when not in use.
Definitely encouraging resaults so far, it will interesting to see how much extra fpe you get with valve and port mods.
Have you worked the valve stem to allow more flow around it?

Edited by kruzaroad - 10 May 2023 at 6:29am
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 7:49am
Good thinking Kruza, I hadn't thought about the valve return spring. No, haven't touched the stem yet.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 12:11pm
Here's a issue that cropped up with mine.
Hammer spring damage due to too long screw holding the back of breach in.
I'm not sure if it was caused by going from plastic to steel breech and a differnce in height.
Cheers Pauly for getting me onto it.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 6:15pm
I had noticed that one end was damaged, then because I turned the spring around it damaged the other end. I only realised this after the fact.
I would say you're on the money about swapping breeches and the screw being too long.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 6:29pm
Yeah now I'm in two minds as whether to get a slightly stronger hammer spring, or slightly weaker valve spring.
I may be able to over pump it a bit more if I can extend the time it's open.
The issue being how much will say a 10% stronger spring effect the trigger pull as opposed to a slightly weaker valve spring giving less resistance to the hammer. Or perhaps a valve spring with same resistance but less coils so it can compress more.
Any advise or word of wisdom from you more experianced tinkerers. (which would be at least 50% of you)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic