Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crosman 362 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crosman 362 Review
    Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 10:20pm
A few weeks ago I purchased a Crosman 362. Here's a humble review of what I thought. I might do it in a couple of stages, and try and be a bit more specific on certain parts. Bear with me, I ain't no pro reviewer./

This is a multi pump, .22 cal single shot, airgun.
I really like this type of platform, simple, accurate, easy to work on, and since I have a 1322 and 1377, I thought this would be a good buy.(Photo shows it with a supressor that I made for it, but I hadn't taken a photo in stock form)

First impressions out of the box were good. It handles and shoulders well. It has a comfortable and light, but substantial feel. It has the typical plastic crosman breech complete with peep sights. The trigger is slightly different to the 13xx and 22xx platforms.

Pumping action is very positive, and the handle locks into place nicely once charged up.

First couple of shots were very surprising. The trigger, although heavy, was quite crisp and predictable. There was no recoil, as expected, and it felt like a pcp. The instructions say to pump it a maximum of 8 pumps, as apparantely if you pump it more, the valving just doesn't empty the whole air charge. This was what I found, and so I would think there is room for modding the transfer ports to allow more airflow, resulting in a power gain. Personally, I was happy with the power, and for plinking 4 pumps is plenty.

Using 14.5 grain RWS pellet,
4 pumps = 501 fps, 8.88 fpe,
6 pumps = 577 fps, 11.75 fpe
8 pumps = 619 fps, 13.55 fpe

I found the peep sights quite good. Cheek rest was the perfect height, and even with my older eyes, I shot a couple of very good groups. This group was shot at 15 m, using peep sights.

I noticed the pellet probe has been modified from the older style too. Photo shows a slimmer, longer probe with the older style brass one just below.

I have more info to this review, but I will cover that in the next post.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 10:52pm
Awesome Paul, I am wanting to get one too or the Benjamin variant. Keep the review and updates coming through. I'm drooling over your carbon fiber suppressor.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 8:28am
have you noticed any improvement in loading with the newer probe or do you think its just to seat pellet deeper.
How much play was in the pump arm?
Great first overview Looking forward to more. 22
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 8:14pm
I hadn't noticed it being any different to load, but as you say it would seat the pellet further in past the transfer port, so I reckon they did it for better air flow.
I had a go at making a couple of different probes including an extended but slimmer probe for a 2240, and there was a power increase. Can't remember how much though.

The other one I made is a hollow probe. That certainly pushes the pellet into the breech easier though.

Edited by Pauly5 - 21 Oct 2022 at 8:15pm
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 10:29pm
Do you sell those Paul? Pm me if you do
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 6:56pm
A few cosmetic notes.

The pump arm is held in place by a good magnet. It snaps into place with authority after each pump and there is no movement when shouldering and firing.

The trigger is plastic, but has quite a wide blade. It would be much nicer if it was metal, as with the heavier weight you can feel a touch of flex. I plan to lighten it and eventually make a whole new trigger out of aluminium.

Looking at the trigger mechanism, there is plenty of option for modding here.

The red is what I plan to do. I will try putting 2 grub screws in the sear.

The barrel has some pretty rough blueing on it. It's more the barrel finish is rough than bad blueing though.

The butt pad is pretty good. It's got a nice amount of grip to it.

Next I might shoot some strings at different pumps and we will see how consistant it is.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 7:43pm
Nice. Be keen to see how trigger mods go.
How much pellet drop you get while testing it at different pumps be great too.
This is great stuff awesome 👍
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 10:03am
Appreciate the post, great close up picture of the trigger mechanism.
Nice clean look to the rifle and perfectly respectable pellet group.
Interesting as I do not have anything with a pump style action.....here we go.
Breech looks similar to 2250b or do you end up with another box of upgrade parts and spares?
cheers
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 8:50pm
Yes, breech is std Crosman as we know it. You will see that I have upgraded mine to the steel breech already, as I will eventually put a scope on it. So all your spare Crosman parts will work.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 10:04am
hey Pauly if you have the valve and piston tube off at any stage, can you take a pic off underside and throw the measurement of the slots and holes up plus overall length please.
Be curious to see if tube would fit 13xx model as well.
The valve upgrades are the same, but I'm thinking the extra length in tube might be the ticket to dropping the amount of pumps.
Its just curiosity at this stage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic