Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

crossman 1322 and upgrades as they happen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 9:37pm
We are looking at getting a lathe at work for building prototypes and custom work that I do (well it's needed for work 50% of the time and gun parts the rest) hahaha
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 11:02pm
You'll have a ball with that.
Fantastic for your conversions.
Old fulla up the road won't be happy,
You won't be keeping him busy on his lathe.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 11:08pm
Lathes are so handy,and some people are so talented with what they make.
I guess we will be seeing some upgrades soon then?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 6:35am
Yep told the guy up the road, he is keen to teach me his tricks and says he will be there when I stuff a job up hahaha
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 4:40pm
So the next pieces arrived from Pauly5 couple days ago.
Decent end pins instead of those spring ones. The stock crosman ones are are a pain to get back in
Nicely machined the case harding got a couple scratches, probly in post.
Next move will be dremel, bench press for dremel and I'll work the valve angles for smoother flow. Trim some of the internal threads for slight incress in capacity, trim the valve head and thin the stem to allow better air flow around that section if it, this the vale that the hammer hits.
By a reemer and open up the port between valve and barrel 25% and hope I don't stuff it up.
If works do the 362 as well.

Might see about a softer spring for valve as opposed to increasing hammer spring.
Thoughts on what is best option or any advise from people who have done this before be appresiated.

Edited by kruzaroad - 20 Jan 2023 at 4:43pm
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:31pm
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedhow to choose between crosman 1077 and 2250? anyone any advice?
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:19pm
Um.... I wouldn't shoot an unsuppressed either of these versions in central Auckland.....

Just saying
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:28pm
This is a great thread. Really interesting to see how you've improved the pistol/rifle from the start.  I don't have a clue how to do most of the things mentioned or the names for all the internals of an air rifle but would love to learn.  It seems a lot of these cheap guns have so much potential to unlock.
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

You could get a silencer that slip fits over the barrel. I did this on an earlier project.

This looks like a very cool but more importantly functional build too. Would love to know more about it? I'll search for a thread but if there isn't one maybe there should be...
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 9:24pm
I had done 2 of those builds. One I sold a couple of years ago, but Have another, basically the same.
Folding stock hinge, adjustable butt, from Aliexpress. Turned up a mounting adapter to fit to gun. Polished trigger and hammer, custom bolt probe, steel breech, carbon fibre tube sleeve over barrel and a carbon fibre silencer.
A great plinker, but quite usable for close pest pigeon work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic