Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

crossman 1322 and upgrades as they happen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crossman 1322 and upgrades as they happen
    Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:59pm
1322 arrived.
Brought from magnium sports Taranaki. Great service prompt delivary. Will use them again for sure.

As expected not that high in quality but thats why its getting up graded.
Happy with feel out of box. Lighter than expected.
Fired 2 shots (cause you just got too)
to test trigger. Trigger suprised me. Was light crisp and smooth. It will get polished but totally usable out of box.

First shot aimed at one of fiber glass tent poles (thinner than my finger) I use to hold targets, with AA field 16gr (5.51mm undersize pellet for tx) at 20m. Friggin hit!!!! Strait out of box that suprised me. 2nd shot missed but im not a pistol shooter and wasnt expecting to hit anything. 😊

Front post sight is thicker than I like and no fiber dots on it or rear blade. Im hoping to replace it with a bug buster.
Lubrication points easy to access.
Saftey nice audible sound,distinct clicks.
Easy as to pump to ten pumps.

Cons first look. Bolt has slight sideways play, getting steel breach so hopefully that cures that.
Shooting left handed the inside of trigger finger touches the saftey button,just enough to make me notice. Once stock arrives ill be back to using right hand so doesnt bother me.
Biggest issue off hand is the play on pumping and something I'll be getting bushes for next time get to town.

After a 25 pumps you can already see the issue.

For a cheap project gun its actually turned out a lot better than I expected my first impressions would be.
I'll do some volicity testing later today and a target if i get a chance to set up an indoor range in wool shed for comparison of volicity and accuracy as I upgrade it.
Ill probly switch to fft at 14.66gr for volicity testing ( just because I have a couple hundred left Im not using), and most likey wont do any real pellet testing till its done.

Edited by kruzaroad - 03 Oct 2022 at 1:05pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 5:11pm
Well to dark in wool shed for chrono to work. To dark to see centre of 🎯.
Power saving light bulbs sux.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 5:18pm
Woooo awesome. As you build this you will want to buy another to keep unmodified to see how awesome the modified one is haha

Go to Mitre 10 and get some LED strip batter lights (I got some for around $80) and they are awesome
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 5:30pm
Hell no I'll spend me last cent on air guns but wouldnt spend more than 30 bucks on lighting for the wool shed. Just the rain came back over.
Its plenty light during the day when I can open the doors. More likely ill get a portable work light.
Will add fiber optic dot front post rear blade sights to list now. Should just nick the ones off the stoeger x5 and adapt them. Not good to steal from arthur to pay marther thou.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 5:57pm
You can buy the cheap LED lights at super cheap auto, and just put them over the sensors with a bit of paper to diffuse the light. I found that worked ok, or LED strip on a 12 volt DC power supply. Both cheap ways to light a chrono.

Lego light sabers make good optic spots too.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 6:04pm
the lego is a interesting idea.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 6:52pm
Still looking for a trigger in my things for another member, I will have a look tomorrow if I can find some fibre optic sights
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:56pm
cheers. Its preety primitive set up.
Set up may change witj new breach.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 2:03pm
The fps test and targets.
Pellets strait out of tins of unsorted.
Pistol rested.
Sight still factory set.
10x pump

FTT:hi 490fps (forgot i stored it with 2 pumps) low 461fps ave 476fps
Last 2 digits 90@(12pumps),61,77,79,79,76,78,75,76,73
Fpi from average 7.38@muzzle

Hades:lo 452fps hi 459fps ave459fps
(There was only three differnt readings the rest were duplicates. Those being 452 456 459
Fpi from average 7.44@muzzle

Being that they advertise it upto 460fps im pretty impressed with that.
Grouping I wasnt looking for anything except to see if it tightened with a differnt brand.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 12:07pm
Sweet barrel and stock arrived from youngs.
Should turn out about the size Im going for.

Stock is clean as, well moulded. Was expecting something would need sanding off. Nope sweet as.
Now need to sort a quick relase pin to hold in place. Screws not that pratical for breaking it down for pack.
Any ideas or sujestions would be appresiated.
Barrel not the same finish quality. (At $44 I didnt expect it to be)
Threw it on a striat edge, not laser strait but not bent,if that makes sence. Residue in barrel (like looking down a .22lr after the first two shots after cleaning) from factory.
One drill hole has a flake metal still in it. Minor damage at one end. Not from transport here was packed well. Factory I guess or enroute to nz.

Will order a noise suppressor then ship it off to gun smith get it threaded and recrowned, bore polished.
Noise suppresser recomendations be appresiated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic