Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gamo Viper Express .22 Air Shotgun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 6:09pm
I will have a look at reloading the shells with more shot and see what happens.
paulo.baronceli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

Red dot turned up today, haven't had much time other than mount it and sight it in for 15m using flat head pellets, they are not too bad at that distance (will try diablo next)

Only fired 1 shot shell and at that distance it had spread out to a good 14" area with at least 2-3" between the pellets so definitely not as good as the brother in-laws choked barrel (he gets about a 9-10" spread at that distance.

Is it worth lathing up a brass choke for the barrel?? If I did and got a 6" spread at that distance it would be an amazing gun for pests

Do you also have the Shadow DX Express? Because I've got that one and I can't see any choke or rifling on my barrel. Haven't really stopped to pattern it, but it feels it spreads quite a bit too. If you get a choke for it, could I perhaps ask for you to make me one too? How would you fix it though, if you wouldn't be able to screw it as you do on a normal shotgun?

On the reloading thing, I ended up buying quite a few shells, but I'm saving the casings to try doing it at some point. Would be great if you could share any results here with reloaded shells. It has about 20J of power, so should be able to shoot bigger pellets than the bird shot at close range.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 9:05pm
It may be, doesn't have DX mentioned anywhere. If I can do a choke I'll have to lathe the outter polymer off and do a push on or external thread if that makes sense.

I'll do reloaded shells first when I can find the shot. Will use a wad punch and punch some 3mm cardboard for the wadding and will experiment with the front end to keep the shot in. I think overfilled shot will make the difference than doing a choke.

Will keep you posted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic