Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what's with gunshops.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 7:23am
Glad they gave you good service. What two stores?
I've found the branch in napier not upto scratch on air guns.
But I've run into a few gun shops that just sell air rifles for xtra profit and just think of them as toys for plinking. Most seem to deal with one maker which to me indicates they are locked into exclusive contracts. That isn't in the interest of air gunners. None of them sell just one brand of powder burner.
Same with pellets.
But just my experience. Only with shops around hb so far.
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 11:13pm
WinkWinkWinkThey just want get money from most noobs like me, and most people who goes seriously will end up a 7.62 auto-arm shooter...Embarrassed
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 11:15pm
CrySo hb is hornby? I just heard that GunCity were robbed last month?CryCry
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 11:17pm
No hawks bay. Napier, Hastings basically
FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 11:53pm
The reason why Gun City, Hunting and Fishing, etc, mainly sell Gamo is because they are the leading brand at a reasonable price.
Speaking specifically of the store mentioned (Gun City, Napier) - they are one of my local suppliers and I now consider myself a regular customer there.
My experience of them has been great. The staff there have motivated me to get my FAL and are always willing to help me out even if I am just browsing. Between them and my local independent (who are also great) I have most of my needs covered.

Edited by FPM - 19 Jan 2023 at 11:53pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 1:29am
Sure it's not at the over inflated prices for what you get, just gives them a bigger profit margin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic