Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what's with gunshops.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 2:55pm
tx came from airgunsnz.Awsome to deal with hassel free knows what he is on about.
Myson I wish I had that problem. Everytime I go looking for pull through swabs or air gun oils, The first thing they try to do when they hear *air rifle* is sell me an air gun cleaning kit. And always the same one.That's three different shops and they have all done it more than once. If it was napiers kit I'd by it.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 4:23pm
Dave from Airguns NZ is great to deal with, he is the importer / distributor fo the brands he sells and they are the top end of brands so he backs up the sales with customer service.

He isnt a one stop sports shop like the others, neither is youngs - both are airgun specific.
They know a lot about a few things, vs stores that know very little about a lot of things. Then there are the uninvested workers clipping their pay ticket who really only know how to stock the shelves and process payments.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Mic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 9:52am
Yes, Ron Young is your man.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 7:40am
My god, Im putting youngs up there with gun city. After dealing with them im definitly getting a debit card so I can buy off the web.
I have no idea what you guys see in them but I wont be dealing with them again.
What an absoult twat to deal with.
Worst of any airgun dealer ive experianced so far. All the rest have been great.

Edited by kruzaroad - 30 Sep 2022 at 7:41am
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 9:20am
Ron Young has been around a long time and was for many years nz only dedicated airgun importer and dealer,Ron is allways great to deal with personally,and really does know what hes talking about,i have been dealing with Ron for longer than i can remember with airguns,hes never let me down hes got me things you just cant get that are not often evan made anymore,nothing is ever too much trouble for him and has allways given me honest answers to my  questions never any BS his service has allways been great,sorry you seem to have had a bad experience from his store,something i personally have never had and dont expect i will have either,i dont know of anyone who has done either,talk to Ron personally am sure he will sort it out for you,you are right tho bout the bigger shops they are more interested in just selling more product than helping you,their staff dont seem to know diddly squat bout anything airgun related and dont seem interested in learning anything bout the airguns and produces they sell either.my local H/F is owned by an old friend of mine who no longer works there,they used be great for airguns and did know what they talked about and sold,thats all changed since he stopped working in the store and staff have changed as well as those who were hunters with both firearms and airguns have all left now and been replaced with idiots who are only interested in selling products they know nothing about so there is no one working store who are evan interested in hunting our guns these days,so you get what you get from these idiots,there are some specilized airgun importers and dealers now who do know the guns and products they sell and are great to deal with,but unfortunatly for me the cost of frieght now kills any advantage of dealing with these people ,but i am lucky in having a very good local sports store owned and operated by a hunter and shooter whos interested and uses both firearms and airguns who does know what hes talking about and does have a very good supply of all makes of pellets etc allways in stock just 15 mins from me,so i deal with this store pretty much exclusivly now for my airgun and firearms needs with perfect satisfaction,stores like this are now hard to find and well worth supporting for us locals,
 just my two bobs worth eh!!
 cheers mike
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:23am
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

My god, Im putting youngs up there with gun city. After dealing with them im definitly getting a debit card so I can buy off the web.
I have no idea what you guys see in them but I wont be dealing with them again.
What an absoult twat to deal with.
Worst of any airgun dealer ive experianced so far. All the rest have been great.

Seems youve gotten him on a bad day or rubbed him up the wrong way.
Rons an asset to the airgunning community, as DVLNME said hes been around for decades as the only airgun dedicated store. He sells you what you need, not just what will make him money.
Hes straight to the point has a wealth of knowledge he doesnt mind sharing.
If somethings crap he'll tell you its crap.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:27am
From what ive seen here, it would seem he is great.
Im in day three of trying to get a barrel and stock.
6 emails in. He has 2250 stock and barrel which I said if will fit is fine. Then went on about the band,which i said i can get the right one off the web. I also asked about if he could notify when the steel breaches arrive so I could purchase one.( in couple of weeks if anyone is interested) so far ive had no reply to if he will notify me. (asked 3 times) arnt getting the barrel because of the band ( ive told him ive been on web and looked and 2250 barrels will interchange) waiting today to see if i get the price of stock and postage. (He has given me the stock price)
Thats absolutly sh*t service in my view.
I have no idea who im talking to there.
Ive just emailed the crosman importer and asked if they could supply a list of ppl they distribute too.Hopefullly I can find a nz shop to get the parts thru.
Id rather support a nz shop, but looks like a debit card and send all the money overseas at the moment.
Im not impressed. But that is my experiance. Im sure that he provides a great service, but based on this dealing with him nup.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:36am
And Im not knocking ron young or his knowledge or contribution to the air gunning community. Nor do i know if im even talking to him.
But the service has been shocking, and as to the he might be having a bad day, so what, its got nothing to do with me all I asked was could you send me the price of a 18inch barrel,shoulder stock and postage for a 1322, after establishing that they had them, and he couldnt sell me parts that wernt crosman.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:03pm
I don't know anything about setting up websites. It would be awesome if Young's went online for selling guns and parts. Would make it awesome for us guys down country that's isn't able to get into his shop. Even if he used Trademe would save setting up a website. (Only time I ever been to his shop was when I was about 16 before we moved out of Auckland)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:24pm
He has a web site. The actual site doesnt display that much but it has a link to his catalog, which is a bit more accurate, but im sure itsbnot his entire inventory.

https://www.youngsairgun.co.nz/

I just got an email back stating that he cant do modifcations as hes a crosman dealer ( never asked him too)
He cant supply none crosman after market parts (which I established on the ph 2days ago and fully understand) but he can sell me standard crossman parts. (Which is what im trying to get) so ive asked him to send me postage costs (again) so I can get the 2250 18inch barrel, and the im assuming a 2250 stock which he has sent the price for 2 days ago before he went off on barrel band tangent . Hopefully Ill hear back before end of day so I can pay for them. He has also said he will notify when the breaches come in, which I appressiate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic