Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite guns under $500

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite guns under $500
    Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 2:34am
Hi Billbob, I believe mine has the IGT inert gas technology, which is a gas ram. But still double recoils like a springer 👍🏻
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 2:54pm
Nice, are those new CFR has piston or still spring?
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 10:39am
My favorite gun under 500 bucks…
My gamo CFR (under lever) in .22
I think I paid 350, with a gamo 3-9 scope, but the scope was crap so I’ve changed it.
Shoots one whole groups at 20m all day long, and packs a fair punch. Quite heavy, but I’m a big boy.
I do love shooting it, something about single shot springers u just got to love.
Only kak thing is the trigger, but hey, it’s a gamo 😂
All day plinking fun 👍🏻
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 2:31pm
New thread started:

http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz/forum_posts.asp?TID=960
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 12:23am
yea, I'm sure we'd enjoy photos and progress with the refurbishment.
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 9:27am
Yes I seem to recall it costing me $2xx or $3xx from Young's Airgun Centre... something like that.  On a camping/hunting expedition in North West nelson I managed to destroy the original varnish on the stock from having the insect repellant "dimp" all over my face.  That stuff is probably banned now LOL.  The sandflies over that way are ferocious.  So I sanded it all back and re finished it with Birchwood Caseys, came up nice.

Remember shooting several Hares and Possums spotlighting, that gun pumped 10x or more had a lot of stopping power in .22

The only issue really for me was the trigger - at high power it got super notchy and sort of grabbed a few times before release.   Hence the sear polishing and attention in that area.   I notice the webley replacement breech has a 2 stage springed setup which my original doesn't.  Nice!  The sear and sear lift have been given a thorough polish with 1500 and lightly greased, I have trial fitted it and it feels really great already but the test will be when it's under load from the release pin.   If anyone's interested I can post pictures of this - I realise it's a bit of a relic but there's very little information on the web about this particular part of the gun, and improving it I'm pretty confident will make it much nicer to shoot at power and probably improve the accuracy a bit (it's already pretty decent!).

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 7:13pm
Great project.
They were the gun have at the time.
I dreamed of getting one. Seemed the ultimate hunting rifle to me at time. Was getting great reviews in air gun mags.
Definitely keep us updated on it all and how it shoots.
Definitely feel a twinge of envy.
Great project, I'll be watching with interest.
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 4:48pm
Hi all, first post!   I have dusted off my old Sharp Innova from the 80's and pulled it apart.  I recall lending it to someone back in the day who thought firing steel darts and nails :(  with it was a good idea!  Needless to say the accuracy was no good after that.  

After pulling it apart it was clear 30 year old O-rings needed replacing....the solution was to order a replacement breech and barrel from a Webley Rebel out of the UK, and an O-ring set.

Also I discovered after a load of googling that if I polish the trigger parts it will make it a way better shooting gun... will find out soon!

Was a great gun when I used it last, very light, powerful and accurate.  Has a period Tasco 4x32AG.

Edited by Deano - 11 Jan 2024 at 2:54pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:19pm
The bsa meteor super I had when younger and they weren't an old rifle, was hell accurate.
At about 12 meters I took 15 pegs off mums cloths line before I missed, then took the rest out.
Shot a white butter fly too. Three shots as it fluttered round the garden at about 15m. Last one took it down, but when I went to get it all 3 shots had hit. First 2 punched holes in its wing.
Great guns. Will always be a favorite rifle for me.
Mind you I had a trigger finger then too
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 9:40pm
Thanks for that and your notes, I've always wanted a Meteor and now I've got one it hasn't disappointed.

Will disassemble and rebuild at some stage.

I had to scope it as I get blurry eyed with iron sights when I'm targeting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic