Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fx Wildcat mk3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 11:37pm
Yea, was going to suggest that. I had wondered if gauge was off, but that's too much difference.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 7:52am
Done that, one Side mark P other S so now have the S slug side down, did give me slightly more bang.  surprised when I looked down the barrel it appeared rifled all the way down, was expecting the breech end to be smooth. Chrony seems to be erratic, does read lot, error signs coming up. Put a pellet into a piece of 4by2 & pentation was twist as deep as when I first got it, so will source another chrony to test.  
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 9:06am
woulf you like to bring it round to my place and we can have a look. I have an FX chrony to compare with
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 5:13pm
Mate that would be awesome, give me a time & day that suits,Smile
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 6:22pm
Just wishing to thank XYON for his time today, spent a couple of hours sorting out the mess my Wildcat was in. With a decent chrony /  tuning my way over cranked reg settings. I now have the magic 900fps and am not wasting air achieving it. Many Thanks again 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:08pm
Great to hear. A chrony is really important for your air rifle.

What did you end up setting the reg at?
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:31pm
Back to where it was to start with, slightly under 100 plus hammer spring tension backed off heaps also as well. 
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:32pm
Also turned the barrel back around to the pellet setting.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 3:17pm
Sighted in today, got it all good for 50M then messed with the zero stop had to start again bugger. Back to 25M with 1 mrad high hold gives me a 50M zero all set with the zero lock. Finished at 25 check check at 50 all good. Surprise was the 16g pellets at setting 6    1 off max,  speed should be 900ish seemed to like these.

xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 4:45pm
Great, looks accurate 👍 with those 16gr jsb's
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic