Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fx Wildcat mk3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:57pm
Yep main tank at 3/4 full, I just can't get any movement on the adjustment the adjustment allen screw, in danger of stripping it, if I haven't already, why put an adjustment like that down such a tiny hole, when everything else is now using a knob. Don't think I moved it at all, gauge never moved. Did back the hammer screw out to   just under 6mm. Tested speed was 732 with 18g JSB, would get a lot of shots out of with the reg showing 100 but was looking for 900fps. 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 5:45pm
Just a thought, but maybe the reg is setup for sub 12 fpe?
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 6:10pm
I'm wondering did they change the adjustment set up having just seen this on the homn pages  

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 7:16pm
Have you tried totally degassing it, then try adjusting the reg to see if it turns?
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 8:06pm
Good idea, will try
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 8:19pm
Hmm, my rifle has the model 2020, which is easy to turn anti clockwise with an allen key to increase the pressure.

Originally posted by flock flock wrote:

I'm wondering did they change the adjustment set up having just seen this on the homn pages  

---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 8:40pm
All  Sorted the 2021 model the  brass screw is what you use, was a piece of cake. Sorry to get so excite, relieved majorly. Smile  
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 8:50pm
Excellent! Go and enjoy it now.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 6:23pm
Ok so tried to tune it today (Waitangi day)  Mrs was not impressed as I wasted most of the day.
18g JSB reg set at 150 bar, Hammer set to 6mm then fine tune from there. 
1  457
2  520
3  568
4  619
5  665
6  703
7  745
After tuning on setting 7 backing off from where the sear wouldn't engage I got 783 was expecting more way more, so 25ftp seems to be it disappointed. 
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 10:45pm
Damn, more mysteries to solve. One thing to check, is that FX updated the the transfer port design, so that there are are 2 ports to choose from (big and small) by rotating the barrel 180 degrees. Maybe your wildcat has the small one facing down (ie the one that is in use?)
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic