Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fx Wildcat mk3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fx Wildcat mk3
    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:20pm
Hi flock,
I'm continuing the discussion here rather than in the introductions forum.
I bought mine to shoot slugs, so I've tuned and tinkered with it some. If you want to to shoot pellets, it should be tuned to shoot 18gr JSB exacts (assuming you got the .22) at around 910 fps. It should be pretty accurate with those pellets.

I've added extra plenum space and a Huma air high flow transfer port.

I also made a barrel band as the barrel is too flexy for my liking, making it not such a great field gun for carrying around.

---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 7:44pm
Wow awesome!
 I will in time go down the slug path but will start the JSBs heavies. I'm trying to figure out how much big game hunting I have left in me, so heading down this path as bunnies and birds are an option that will keep me shooting.  Selling off the centrefires to help pay for it all. Still love to reload so one centrefire shall remain. Shoot mostly at NZHL and a occasional bit of light hunting.
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 8:49pm
Cool, I've recently got a couple of centrefire rifles. I have yet to do any hunting, but I fancy trying for a deer. I mostly get hares with my FX. I've shot my 308 at the NZHL range a few times.
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 7:49pm
I have an FX too, and it seems as that 18 grn pellet at 910 fps is a real sweet spot. I would love to try the slugs, but in surfing terms, one should never leave good waves in the hope of finding better waves.

Plus they are more expensive.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 8:04pm
Still waiting for my one to arrive, getting a bit concerned about heat & water filters & how to pump it up. This Gun City shoe box pump my mate has to get it up to speed then top up with an FX pump, will keep an eye on the heat aspect. Don't want to mess up this puppy. Yes 18.13 JSB heavies is what I have and will probably stay with. Chronied my HW80 .22 yesterday 650 fps with 15g pellet disappointing, smooth & accurate though, couldn't  believe when I whacked a pigeon in the chest went down but couldn't find the dam thing. Problems chronying TX200 177 just shows error, perhaps some sort of adjustment on the chrony sensitivity.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 8:26am
depending on the type of chrono you have,muzzle blast will affect some chronoes particually those using photo cell light screens,solution normally for this type is to move chrono further from muzzle,hope that helps.
 cheers mike
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 9:26pm
Finally arrive today, been 2 1/2 weeks from when I gave the nod.
 Wow even though it's the long version it's still pretty short, nice. So far have pumped it up by hand slowly.
 Put a vortex FFP PST 5-25 on it, scope felt like it weighs as much as the rifle at 30 ounces, will have to redo with some higher rings to do things properly.  The whole rig feels awesome to the shoulder, very firm & balanced. Yes I will set up something to firm up the barrel as to free floaty for me also. Now the fun starts tuning & getting to know this setup. Got a spare mag & 500 /16g JBS thrown in to the deal. As always Ron Young is a great Guy to deal with, also came in a nice case, which I wasn't expecting.  
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 8:11am
Cool, great to hear you have got you wildcat. Let us know how it shoots!
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 1:43pm
Tried to tune it today, could not adjust the regulater output, want 150 she's stuck on 100 so no way to tune. Looks like it's heading back to Auckland. In which case be in touch by ChristmasUnhappy
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 3:08pm
Gee, that's a pain. What pressure was the main tank on? It would have to be over 150 for the reg gauge to read 150.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic