Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CR600w Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 10:46pm
I'll get more photos tomorrow for you.

About 30-40 decent shots with the 16grm capsules. I used to wait 30sec between shots to get better consistently with them too.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 12:03am
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Jump into the world of air soft and have a look at some of the CO2 adaptors,larger bottles, pre made adaptor hoses and high pressure refillable 12g cylinders. It seems they have a lot more variety avaliable than you will find through air gun suppliers. Some of the refillable 12g cartridges will take 150psi more than your regular CO2cylinder.
Compatability with air guns I don't know but don't think it will be a prob.
But mostly to give you a quick idea of possibilities and directions to investigate.
Throw this into Google, it pulled up a few good links: 12g hpa cartridge

There is a dedicated air soft shop in Christchurch so I might well head in there and see what they have/could suggest for the cr600.

This idea from dvlnme/Mike sounds like the way I would want to go, or something very similar but without pictures and a limited knowledge of how these guns work I can't say I fully understand how this is put together.

"easy enuf to make screw in bulk co2 tube extensions for guns like the air chief out of allimium tubing with simple fill valve on front end,you need a dummy 12gr canister on front end that replaces the disposable one jointed to the new tube this can be machined from solid alli and threaded to fit end cap thread,the dummy 12gr end can then either be threaded to the alli tube or fitted into tube with couple oring seals and held in place with 3x grub screws and front end cap done same way,i never made these bulk fill extensions to hold more than 36gr co2 otherwise they tend to get too heavy and upset balance of rifle etc,as point of these bulk fill extensions is to cut running costs more than anything else with me a 24gr extension is fine,as doubles shot count anyway,i preferr to do bulk fills this way as means dont modify rifle and it can then still use the 12gr diposables as well,if done right this way of bulk filling will also look good,made up several such extensions for different rifles this way and found best looking and a very practical way of bulk filling this type of rifle.
 cheers mike"

I'll google 12g hpa cartridge now and see what comes up.
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 2:28pm
Has anyone carried out this modification on their cr600w? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMJS4LV4Ew  from 3:09. I believe the internals are the same or very similar between the CP2 and CR600w, so adding a hard rubber spacer 4mm thick 10mm diameter should be a simple and reversable way to increase the power.
Someone in the comments claimed to get an additional 80fps from their CR600w by adding a slightly stronger hammer spring which would have the same effect as the spacer.

Any drawbacks I should consider? I read it might increase the weight of the trigger and add a little extra recoil. Of course the shot count will go down too.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

I'll get more photos tomorrow for you.

About 30-40 decent shots with the 16grm capsules. I used to wait 30sec between shots to get better consistently with them too.

Did you get a chance to take any photos.  I'd be interested to know how you are using 16grm capsules and also how your bipod is attached. Cheers
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:04pm
I think there may be an issue with my CR600 but I'm not sure.  When loading a pellet into the breech, I meet resistance about 5-10mm before the bolt in all the way forward. It takes a little additional force to push the bolt the final short distance to close and almost feels like something is catching as was the resistance is overcome it clicks forward and down without any trouble.

This seems to be after the pellet has been pushed from the magazine and once it is in the breech.  Does anyone else with a cr600w have something similar or does the bolt close smoothly all of the way.

My concern of course it that the pellet is catching and in pushing it forward the pellt may be damaged affecting accuracy.  I've yet to strip the rifle down but probably will do sooner rather than later.

The accuracy isn't too bad but there are certainly fliers. I attributed this to the pellets but it could be that they are getting damaged during loading.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:36pm
Have same thing with 1322. I'm assuming there is a lip where barrel connects, or possibly one over the inlet hole. Possible that the bolt and loading chamber arnt perfectly lined. It is a cheaper pistol.
However as I'm a single loader I point the gun down and it falls into chamber sweet as. Think I noticed it first after barrel/breach change.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:03pm
It may be the air port may have a bur in the hole

Or try a different pellets. I do remember a h&n barracuda being quite tight
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:47am
You might find the breech need deburring.

A couple of years ago I bought 2 CR600W off Guncity on a $1 Res auction, as damaged. One had a scratched valve from factory swarf, so I polished that out, but the other had pellets stuck in the barrel from a rough loading breech. Easy fix.

They are easy guns to work on, so you could quite easily take the barrel out and smooth off the loading breech/port/leade thingy.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:18pm
Yes I suspect it might be catching on the breech hole.  What would be the best tool/method for deburring the breech hole?  I plan on drilling out the ports etc so will need to do some deburring after that most likely. 

I only have the one type of pellet to try right now but will try some others soon.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:52pm
I have used a wooden dowel that I shaped to fit, then used sandpaper wrapped around it. If there are any obvious burrs, target them, then smooth it all off. Check the transfer port as well to make sure there aren't burrs there too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic