Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What make and age is this rifle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What make and age is this rifle?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:26am
Good morning all,

I have recently been offered this old air rifle that is in quite a bad state.

does anyone recognize this as to what make and model this is, and also what approximate age this rifle is?

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:32am
thats an oldy Will,looks like and old qauckenbush,think spelt that right,you been rooting round in old sheds again??got that desease myself eh!!amazing whats still out there,i come accross old firearms and airguns quite often in somes back shed no ones been into since grandad died years before,lot old interesting things in old disused sheds eh!!all my airgun books out on loan so cant positivly identify the rifle for you.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:01pm
Thanks Mike, I haven't brought it yet. I brought some old tools of a old guy and got talking before he dug this out. Barrel looks like it could be rusted out and the cocking system isn't working. May be just a display rifle but will see what I can do to restore it.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:20pm
could be a Gem. 
The issue of restoring could be availability of parts - anything missing or damaged would most likely have to be machined. 
But see what he wants for it, it may be worth tidying up as much as possible to see if it has potential to go, and if not it would be a cool wall hanger. 
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:06pm
Thanks for that, he came back to me this afternoon with a price tag of $100 so Im stupid not to take it.

Done a little investigation as to the make/model but cannot find anything that resembles this design yet. The only numbers or markings that I could find is the serial numbers in the breech (0326)
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:25am
bit of a shame some one used center punch to stake barrel in,making parts shouldnt be problem as long as the origional broken or worn parts still there for patterns,will be quite simple mechanically would think,
 cheers mike
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:43am
Nice, for that price why not!. Looks to have been many brands that made Gem type air rifles, including Diana. 
Once you clean it up some makers marks may appear.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:59pm
be nice project for you,something bit different allways fun.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 1:40pm
Picked it up last night, is missing the piston spring. The leather piston seal looks ok and is still fitting well in piston chamber. Spider web in the barrel and actually looks not too bad down inside.

From a whole lot of research well into the night going by the shape of the trigger guard, barrel size etc... Is it could be a Flurscheim/Bergmann Gem from between 1880-1900. All I can find so far is the serial number and a couple of other numbers on the trigger sear and guard.

Will keep you all posted

Edited by Billbobnz - 16 Jun 2021 at 1:40pm
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 7:07pm
Interesting looking gun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic