Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Hunting Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SIG ASP20 .177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 10:17pm
Hi Myson,
 not been on here a few days. My rifles a Hatsan 125 'vortex' .25 quoted as about 29fpe with a 26gr slug.
  I've done a bunny and rat, and yup it does the job Big smile
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 6:31am
many firearms uses just get how effective an accurate airgun can be,i was the same til bout 16/17 years ago when got back into airguns after never using one for over 40 years these days i rarely use a rimfire for small game hunting and havnt really missed the firearms i find i can do pretty much every thing i used to do with a 22rimfire just as effectivly with the airguns i have,i can allso safely use the airguns where i would never consider using any firearm purely on safety reasons,the end result of that has been its opened up a lot more hunting areas for me that had allways been closed or off limits if using firearms,i dropped a large male fox with a 22 cal springer doing bout 16fpe at muzzle with 16 gr pellets at close to 30 yds with one shot to the head,just dropped on spot and never evan twitched on my cousins farm in aussie few years back and have shot several more since with same rifle over the years,have shot several medium sized goats with one head shoot using my 35fpe bsa pcp rifle around here over the years using 21.14 gr pellets,so dont believe airguns are not effective with well placed pellet eh!!
 cheers mike
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 8:51pm
Bought the Sig .177 ASP20 last March. I found it as accurate as my fixed barrels, managed to get the matching Whiskey3 ASP scope and have installed it using  a SportsMatch dampa mount.

I have since purchased the .22 ASP20 and it is just as accurate, this is fitted with a Panamax 3-9x40AO as the Sig ASP scope has been discontinued.

Both have >2000 pellets and are regularly used for pest control including possum and rabbit.
Happy to add photos and reviews if there is any interest.

cheers
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:50pm
Yea, sounds good. I'm keen to see what setups others are using.
Myson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 4:54pm
Thanks Mercs.

Good to hear others are finding the SIG so accurate and grunty too!

If only the trigger were smoother - it's very OK but once you've experienced the HW97 trigger, nothing seems to match it!

I'm about to setup my ballistics chart from 10yds - 100yds this holiday (with zero at 50yds) at x16 magnification.... can't wait!

Have a super Christmas y'all!!! Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 Classic .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
SIG ASP20 .177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic