Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New to airguns? > Tips and things to look out for
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.177 or .22?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 6:40pm
if you not going be hunting rabbits etc but just pests and targets a 177 will be just fine,it will take down rabbits just fine,most uk use 177 cal and at only 12fpe mate,botth very accurate,not really anything tween them in accuracy,both have huge range of pellets available,177 generally gives more shots per fill than 22 cal,but will allso depend some what on how powerful both are too,my 177 has 22fpe at muzzle and uses heavier pellets and gives bout same shot count as both my 24 and 35 fpe 22 cals,all give approx 30 shots at full power before they fall off the regulaters,bassically you pays your money and make your choice eh.177 pellets cost bout same for 500 as 250 22 cal pellets,so bit cheaper to run,sounds to me that a 177 be fine for your purposes,and even if only a 12fpe rifle,i would have no,hope that helps mate
 cheers mike hesitation hunting rabbits out to 50 yds with a 12 fpe 177 rifle,tho shots need be bit more precise than a 22,bassically head shots only with a 12 fpe 177
SanderW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanderW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 2:39pm
Hi all,

I am sure this is an old topic, but looking at what is available out there at the moment, pellet variety seem to favour .177 and most of the nicer guns are only available in .22.  Is it just that the .177 guns are more popular and sold out?  Or is .22 really 'better' in PCP guns?

I am probably going to be shooting paper and bottle tops mostly, but wouldn't like to have something completely unsuitable for hunting (birds,rats).  Mostly just looking for a good general purpose PCP to have fun with...

Thanks!
Sander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic