Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome new members!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome new members!
    Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 12:21am
I can see we are getting more new members signing up and i have just noticed that there is no place to introduce your self.

So a big hello to all the new guys and i hope you can be active and enjoy the forums :)
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 6:24pm
The more active everyone decides to be the more this will come alive. I have put links on other forums, and the nzafta Wordpress site.
Don't be shy newbies, we won't bite :)
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
Beanzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 7:29pm
Hi all.  I am new to airgunning and enjoy reading all the info. that is posted.
I am fortunate to live in Otago near the Roxburgh dam, and am surrounded by orchards with lots of rabbitts.
I am an Ambo officer and have worked in ski patrol for many years [during winters]  The knees are now creaking ! , hence me taking up this hobby.
 I have 2 cheap..ish guns but will look at selling them to upgrade a good quality one next year, in the meantime,  i  am serving my time gaining skills shooting at tin cans on a string @ 35 meters, and paper targets in a garden shed with an open door at 25 meters ,as well as a few rabbits!
 Thanks for all your future posts.
You only know, what you know.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 7:56pm
Welcome on board Beanzz, shame about the knees but good to see they still work enough to cart you around after bunnies and tin cans :)
Some of the South Island shooters get me jealous with the amount of quarry they have on hand, it almost seems endless :)
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 11:48am
Welcome Beanzz, nice to have you here. if you have any questions just ask! :)

Good idea shooting the cans on a string... (wondering why i never thought of that lol) beats walking 40+ meters each time to re-stack them :)
cinedux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinedux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:53pm
I'm a collector more than a shooter-always have been. The amazing mechanisms different makers devise to shoot missiles(and avoid infringing other people's patentsWink) never cease intrigue me.Airgun ephemera also pushes my buttons. Odd or unusual,new or old.I always have an eye out for rare airguns!
It is the BEST way to grow old,I reckon.Smile

http://www.cinedux.com/

Edited by cinedux - 20 Aug 2013 at 9:55pm
cinedux
Coil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 10:04pm
Hi, was going to get a firearms licence, when I saw the price of ammunition I decided to get a slug gun instead. Best decision I've made in years, perhaps decades.

Got a refurbished Ruger Air Hawk in May, then a second hand Weihrauch HW97K .177 in July, and a Shooting Chrony Beta last week.

There's a .22 barrel for the Air Hawke coming from Mike Melick, along with a new spring, an assortment of top hats, guides and liners to experiment with different configurations, seals and shims, and a modded trigger.

Still deciding between Jim Macarri, Vortech, Welsh Willy or V-Mach for the 97. Just a one piece Nikko-Sterling scope mount for her so far, but that will get upgraded when I get a field target suitable scope.

I don't know if I'm saving any money, but I'm having one helluva good time.

cheers everybody
Ruger Air Hawk .177
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Heine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 7:07pm
New here as from Today . shoot a bit . Have a .22 Kalibrgun Cricket Tactical, ,22 Benjamin Trail NP and a Zoraki .22
Westie_Airgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westie_Airgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 12:26am
G'day I am a mad keen air gun hunter from Waitakere City in Auckland. I am a pest controller/fumigator by trade. I have been hunting and working with air guns for around 5 years now and absolutely love all things air gun related. I previously only had springers; a Gamo Shadow Sport .177 3-9x40, a Cometa Fusion Star Premier 3-9x42AO Gamo Viper Express and a Canon Super Pump up Pneumatic 3-9x40AO. Today I bought an Fx Monsoon .22 4-16x44AO Hawke Varmit scope Dive Bottle Charging kit Probe and a Bipod with an arm load of different pellets to try out to find what it likes. I hunt Rabbits mainly with the odd possum and birds for work (and play!). I am always shooting in interesting places for work such as Eden Park the Auckland Harbour Bridge and many more. I am always looking for new places to shoot and people to shoot with and share some of my shoots with(non-work). Looking forward to learning more and getting to know everyone.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 10:13am
Welcome aboard Westie :) you seem to have a dream job, I wish I could take my toys to my work without getting a visit from the police! ha ha :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic