Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - dont want this forum to go same way as nz airgun f
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dont want this forum to go same way as nz airgun f

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Wonder if a like button could be thrown onto the posts.
I know that I use it a lot in nz hunting and shooting site.
I know I like it when I get a like.
Its a really nice quick/quiet way to convay a message when ya just cant be bothered typing.

There is a “thanks” button. I don’t know if there is a notification for it to the posted, but I click it occasionally..

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 8:58pm
We should do more to keep this going, i don't use Facebook and yes there is sooooo much info in here that is awesome to dive into. Huge wealth of knowledge with the older members on here. I don't know if we could somehow advertise on the Facebook groups or nzhuntingshooting for people to come here for airgun stuff
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 8:09pm
Wonder if a like button could be thrown onto the posts.
I know that I use it a lot in nz hunting and shooting site.
I know I like it when I get a like.
Its a really nice quick/quiet way to convay a message when ya just cant be bothered typing.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 7:57pm
Happy to look at funding support and help anyone having file upload issues.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 6:17pm
Id be happy to chip in. Maybe you could set up a patron system like utube?

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 6:04pm
This forum is the oldest as far as Kiwi ones go. It has been very quiet for a while, but it is great to see things happening again, and you all sharing knowledge. Ian, aka "Nunga" has been great in keeping it going.

There is some really good info deep in the archives.

Paulo, you could get in touch with Nunga to see if he would want some help. I much prefer this to Facebook, but must admit, I wish it was a bit easier to load pics and videos. If we could get Dvlinme posting pics, I think you would all be amazed at the hidden talents we have here.
Also Ian has financed this himself. In the past members have donated to help, so maybe a litle crowd funding is an option to take off some of the burden and cementing the future of the forum?

Paul.
paulo.baronceli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

You ever thought of doing a rifle reviews. Or filming yourselves doing repairs. For that matter hunting video section.
When looking for air rifle info espially reviews I know i always tend to go to video first. Get the basic feel then go looking for writen info.
Are your search engine tags wide enough? Ive only had info off this site come up twice in all my searching.
Maybe offer youngs and airguns nz free advertising if they allow a small discount if contacted thru this site.
Talk more. I havent been on this site long but I was ready to call it quits a while back because it was so quiet.
Opted for the talk more approach and ask lots of questions. Now im sick of seeing my handle everywhere but it keeps it relevent.
When i first got here there were so many old posts and not much newer stuff, that i wondered if the site was active.
There is a lot of knowledge and experiance stashed away in those brain cells of a lot of you guys,throw it out there. You dont need to be asked.
Throw it up as new topic. What seems old hat common stuff you may not be for others.
Prime example is : i just got my dove tail to weaver bass for the dot scope,thinking do I put it on reciever strait or the gamo recoil reducing mount. Went back to recent post mercs had put up had a look how his was mounted.
Thats another overly long winded blurb from me.Im off to post a rather interesting thing I learnt about red dots then put the thing on. Laters

I'm new here, but when I first came across the site I also thought it was no longer active. It really surprises me that there's no more local nz content around, and it would be a shame to see this one go for sure. I own a web design service business, and I'd be more than happy to help out with the upkeeping if need be.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 12:15pm
You ever thought of doing a rifle reviews. Or filming yourselves doing repairs. For that matter hunting video section.
When looking for air rifle info espially reviews I know i always tend to go to video first. Get the basic feel then go looking for writen info.
Are your search engine tags wide enough? Ive only had info off this site come up twice in all my searching.
Maybe offer youngs and airguns nz free advertising if they allow a small discount if contacted thru this site.
Talk more. I havent been on this site long but I was ready to call it quits a while back because it was so quiet.
Opted for the talk more approach and ask lots of questions. Now im sick of seeing my handle everywhere but it keeps it relevent.
When i first got here there were so many old posts and not much newer stuff, that i wondered if the site was active.
There is a lot of knowledge and experiance stashed away in those brain cells of a lot of you guys,throw it out there. You dont need to be asked.
Throw it up as new topic. What seems old hat common stuff you may not be for others.
Prime example is : i just got my dove tail to weaver bass for the dot scope,thinking do I put it on reciever strait or the gamo recoil reducing mount. Went back to recent post mercs had put up had a look how his was mounted.
Thats another overly long winded blurb from me.Im off to post a rather interesting thing I learnt about red dots then put the thing on. Laters

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:54am
Regarding the other forum, it went down a while ago and was resurrected. But went down a second time around the time of Christchurch events.. Coincidence perhaps.. 

The problem with forums in general i find is access..
Everyone has a smartphone attached to the end of their nose, and unfortunately social media is the first port of call.. Forums provide better information with better searchability, but usually only accessed when killing time at work.. 

Social media is getting more and more pedantic, so less and less 'allowable' content, and pages / groups getting shut down all the time. perhaps there will be a drive back to forums 
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:06am
I believe the guy that  owns it isn't motivated to upkeep it anymore. Especially after Chch, as he is an importer of firearms, and his priorities changed. That's my guess, and I could be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic