Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next compition selection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next compition selection
    Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 9:34am
Due to the overwhelming participation in the long distance comp.
Cheers nunga👍
I'm going to flick the hundred over (which I had written off as gone) to a new comp. Either as a hundred bucks or two lots of 50 bucks if its something pistols and rifles can compete in.
So if you people are interested sort out a comp amongst yourselves and let me know at end of week and we will start it.
Conditions:
1:prize will be paid to shop of your choice for goods. (air gun shop)
NZ only for prize.
2:Any paper target comp will be done on those multi little target sheets at one shot per target on sheet. This because we don't really have the ability to carefully scrutinise groups on line.
Home made ones of same size fine. We can measure a couple pellet holes to verify the bull size and surrounding ring.
Name, date, gun, cal to be put on target sheet
3:if possible for anything 20m and under stick a ph behind you and film it. I'more than happy to stick the footage up on utube site for storage unlisted, with link only access. Deleted on request.
Failing that a couple during and after pics will be fine. This is to verify your not sticking a 5year old target up etc
4: comp will run for one month for prize then open up to who ever where ever, but will be no prize, no winners as eventually someone better will come along and outshoot you.
5: At least five ppl need to have entered for prize to activate.

Thats it from my end.
Rest is up to you guys
I won't be competing in any as I'm still on off on long distance buzz and better get my bow sorted, so you guys sort it and let me know.
I'm doing this as some interest in long distance was shown but seemed impractical for a lot of you as space was not a available.
So get yaking, sort a comp that suits more of you and fire away.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 9:43am
Starting point for a conversation.
Split prize
pistol 10m free standing, open sights.
Air rifle standing 20m open sight
But then again one target sheet standing, one target sheet prone, one kneeling could make for a interesting comp.
More so if its with a pistol.
Angle shooting is another. Hanging upside down while shooting could be interesting.
Most accurate high wind shot? A plank on a log and standing on that shooting be difficult one.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 11:07am
i would be interested but would need some clear rules set out on shot counts.  The beer can shooting was a bit of fun but my only thing with that was you could sit there all day and shoot 100 rounds at it. Eventually you are going to hit it its just luck and percentages.

Is it paper shooting? if so I can upload a image for you to print out so we are all shooting at the same target.

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 11:44am
Or you could actually aim, check, your back drop, calculate what needed to be done and hit the can.
It is fun Nunga it's a bit of friendly sport between shooters.
I imagine once you guys sort out what you want to do, the rules and regs will come fast.
First let's see if a type of shooting and distance can be sorted.

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 9:35pm
My vote is for 30yards (or meters) open sights springer. Any kind of support u want, benched, artillery, standing over sticks, supported artillery, what ever works for you to get your best group. (But u can’t put in a vice.)
Best 5 shot group as long as it’s a springer/gas, open sights at 30.

I do like Nunga idea of posting a standard target that anyone can print on standard A4
Nunga, just be sure to make it at least 15cm dark outer rings, so we can at least see it with open sights and our old eyes at 30yards 😂
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 7:14am
I'd be interested to see the club shooters view on the any position Pete.
I think there might be to much advantage to a bench shooter over a free standing to appeal to the more uuuummm moredisaplined shooters.
Maybe one of the styles or a combination of difffernt shooting styles on differnt targets?
You don't want them blaming your set up if they if they can't shoot as good as they think they can.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 9:08am
It can’t be an unfair advantage if everyone can use it 😂
They’ll just have to suck it up and present the best 5 shot open sights springer group that they can.
Everyone should have at least one springer with open sights, and most people should be able to find 30yards (I can’t at home but I can find somewhere to get 30yards - 175 is a bit more tricky 😂)
I think it’s a challenge that many people could try if they wanted to.
And I think the best advantage will come down to the type of open sights.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 9:14am
How's that ghost ring going you were hoping to sort out? I was pretty impressed with half arse one I made and tried till it broke.
Fair enough comment on positions. Have to see what others come up with as well.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 5:12pm
Good stuff, I will try with and without red dot on the Hatsan 135 .30 calibre.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 5:43pm
Mercs 👍🏻

Kruza, it’s still rattling around in my head… I’m now thinking of taking the dogs tail rail off and using the screw holes to attach aa home made ghost ring. I’ve worked out what height it needs to be, just need the tools to make it 🤔
I wish I had a workshop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic