Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gamo. CFX old but new to me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamo. CFX old but new to me
    Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 9:56pm
Sorry I haven't been around much lately.

But I got an offer I couldn't refuse. A Gamo CFX in .22 for $150 with a scope...!

It's certainly been a work horse, and I was told the scope is had it but I've had a play around and I think all it needs is some decent scope mounts. May change it in the long run as I prefer my mil dots.

Did a very quick sight in when I got home at 21m and ..... Wow what a flippen beautiful rifle. I can see why people say that they are the best that Gamo have made.

Group was with JSB exacts 21m standing rested, and a brief 2 shots thought the chrony it's shooting at 655fps. Gun feels nice, no squeeks, rattles or loose parts and trigger feels good and crisp. Cant wait to see what it's shooting like after a little tunning and tlc.

Edited by Billbobnz - 29 Apr 2024 at 9:56pm
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 11:07pm
I’ve got the CFR, also in .22. I think the only difference between the CFR and the CFX is that the CFX is a springer and the CFR is a gas ram (IGT).
I like mine, it’s only the trigger that lets it down.
Show us some more pics and groups 👍🏻
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 12:05am
I'll be keen to see it put through its paces.
Could. Be a good gun.

Edited by kruzaroad - 30 Apr 2024 at 5:09pm
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 8:17am
Good score. I had one ages ago. That breech system sometimes a pain to load if the pellets are a firm fit.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 6:03pm
It takes some effort to find a good Gamo but they are out there.
655 fps is excellent I wish you many hours of enjoyment.

Mine is a .22 and was 614 fps in a worn state and 673 fps after conversion to gas ram from custom seals.
Close to 15 ft/lbs and genuine pest control option due to accuracy and has earned an engraving on a club trophy up against some very fine European brands.
I paid $250 for a 2010 model and consider it a bargain.

Quick check has them priced from $520 - $700 so need to shop around if buying new.

Edited by mercs - 30 Apr 2024 at 6:10pm
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 6:21pm
Thanks Mercs, will do a full strip down at some stage. Got a once piece scope mount today and will put that on and see if that straight away improves the accuracy. Was the gas ram conversion straight forward or did things need tinkering?
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 10:25pm
I was on that on that one also, renegged --glad to see it's found a good home. Had one years ago, found the loading set up would bend the pellet skirts, so used a nail with a bend bend on the end to make sure pellets were pushed fully home, improved accuracy no end. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic