Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hornady hit indicator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2024 at 8:22am
Sweet I stop in on way to town.
Thinking more along the torch battery power circuit. The 12 volt adds a lot of bulk and weight. But still undecided.
Having said that, if I can walk into jaycar show them that unit then say got same thing in 5v I'm in business.
Decided for the trip to get small piece of pipe. Put a spring inside that extends past end. Have a larger snug fitting
Pipe over out side with a small fin on it.
2 inch target plate other end.
Hit the plate the outer pipe pushes back, fin break beam, timer sets off, target springs back, 10 sec later light stops. Ready to reshoot.
Should be able to get that unit least half that size.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2024 at 1:08pm
Well been doing a few measurements and calculations.
Recon I'll drop this right down in size.
Been looking at diy laser trips on Web. Seems a laser pointer and few bits and bobs make a laser trip at 5v quite simply.
Still beyond me, so ill see about getting one made up.
But the paper work looks promising.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2024 at 2:05pm
That's sweet metal parts for new trip, 10 bucks. Happy with that.
Hopefully someone with a bit more electronic experiance can help me with the laser side or me the soldering and a list of swear words that would make ya mum turn red will have to have a crack at it. With my soldering skills might have a chance but can see me overheating components.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2024 at 3:26pm
Sweet the timer/reset switch arrived. It's way smaller than I expected. Which is awesome. Brought two of them, so had one spare.
22 bucks delivered for both.
That's 32 bucks so far.
Cheers Pauly for pointing those out.
Appreciated
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:27pm
Laser trip arrived.
Pretty much all I need are the 4 pieces below the green block and the block.
The round bit to the left is the alarm speaker which isn't going on,and I'm planning on tapping into it's power activion, as power ro trip the timer.
There's a 5v power out on timer switch which I'll tap into for power. I'll either run a couple of resistors which will drop it to 3.3v for feed in. Or go into the shop with the parts and ask if I they have them in 5v.
Which saves adding stuff.
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:17pm
Looking good. I really wish I knew more about electronics.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:06pm
Pauly,
I'm just winging it.
All I know is,I want a laser to send a signal to a timer, the timer to trip a light for 20sec then reset
If I can get it all 5volt for laser an circit, I cut down on stuff.
Everything else I'm s of rting as I go.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic