Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Valve mod - pcp pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 10:06pm
Well I tried cutting one of my donor screw drivers and it was hard. The hacksaw had trouble biting into it. It made a small nick, so I just put it in the vice and it snapped on the nick.

Doing pest control I was always up in ceilings and sparkies often forget stuff and they do like to have expensive screwdrivers which are decenyly hardened. So I have a couple I can wreck. So this will be my valve stem.

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 11:08pm
Good luck with that 😂
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2024 at 9:50pm
Slowly doing stuff.

NZ Post has botched up Nunga's foundry delivery, so valve on hold. I bought a piece of 3.9 mm piano wire today. Pretty hard, and hopefully harden up, but I might try that for the valve stem.

I also decided to use the .25 cal FX barrel I had. It was off a Bobcat. I cut it down and reduced the breech end to fit into what will be the breech block for this build. Fits nice and snug with no movement.

FX only rifled the last 2 or 3 inches of these barrels and you can see that they make the muzzle smaller diameter to do this, then thread on a piece to match. You can see the marks on the outside where they "squeeze" the rifling in giving it a "smooth" twist.

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 41 minutes ago at 10:19pm
So how long are you planning on making the barrel?
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 41 minutes ago at 11:19pm
Barrel is around 300 mm, so not a small pistol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic