Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Air Gun Clubs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2024 Nationals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2024 Nationals
    Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 12:56pm
Piako Air Rifle and Pistol Ass invites you to compete in the National Field Target Championship
held over Labour Weekend 2024 at the registered Air rifle range, 569 Tauhei Road Morrinsville.

WHEN: Saturday 26th – Sunday 27th October 2024

WHERE: Piako Air Rifle Range 569 Tauhei Road Morrinsville

WHAT: 50 Knockdown targets – [15mm, 25mm, 40mm hit zones] – [10m-50m]
REGISTER BY: Sunday 13th October (1 day $25, 2 days $40, after 13th Oct $30/day)
SATURDAY 26tht OCTOBER: Spring Piston SUNDAY 27th OCTOBER: PCP
TIMING: 8:30am Gates open, sign in and equipment validation 9:00am - 9:45am Sighting in range
open 9:45am -10am Briefing 10am Competition start. BBQ & Prize giving to follow each day

SPECIAL NOTES:
∙ NZAFTA Field Target Rules apply, please ensure you are familiar with these rules. You can find
them at https://nzfieldtarget.files.wordpress.com/2023/08/nzafta-comprehensive-rules-2023-3.pdf
∙ All PCP shooters must carry a current FAL & present when required (e.g. signing in)
∙ Maximum rifle power is 28ftlb for High Power & 12ftlb for International categories.
∙ Your equipment will be validated after signing in on the day of competition. This will include rifle
chronograph test and accessories compliance check. Please check the rules for what is allowed.
∙ Your rifle will be chronograph tested again during competition.
∙ The course will be altered between day one and day two.
∙ Eligibility: Competitors must be a member of an NZAFTA affiliated club to be eligible for National
prizes.
∙ Veteran Champion and Lady Champion will be determined from best score from any
International or HP category from either day.
∙ The WAG MANN Cup for top team will be decided by most points comprising of 1) a spring
piston score [Int or HP] 2) a PCP Int score and 3) a PCP HP score from a given club [must be 3
different shooters]
∙ No refunds for non-attendance.

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 11:03pm
Hi Nunga,

I’m not much a field target shooter, but I wouldn’t mind giving it a go… 👍🏻
Do you know if this event is open to newbies? If I was to shoot, it would be purely for fun and just for the experiance for me.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 11:16pm
Thanks Ian,  I will certainly consider coming up. I do miss shooting FT.

Join the club Pete, I reckon you'd like it. 
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2024 at 8:05am
From what i understand pete you can shoot but your score will not count if you are not a member of a club. I will confirm this later and get back to you.

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2024 at 6:57pm
Pete, yes you can shoot. It would be best if you could come to a shoot before the nats so you can get familiar with the rules and how things work. We are having a club shoot this sunday. You are more than welcome to come and take a look. just ask for Alex or myself and you will be well taken care of.

Paul, you should come. it would be good to catch up with you again, its been a while.

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2024 at 4:37pm
Thanks Nunga.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic