Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Site changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2024 at 11:33am
Don't know but 2 hours plus on site, then getting access denied when going to comment on the pcp thread doesn't seem like a spammer.
I seen that many guest online before, in the 20s seems to be pretty average when I look during day here.
6 of one 1/2 dozen of other, was just to bring it to Nunga's attention in case there's a glitch stopping commenters.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2024 at 11:36am
I just had look now and it seems pretty accurate to numbers it was claiming before went to this page
administrator View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2024 at 12:13pm
A guest is anyone that is not a member of the forum that is viewing the site. Guests can not post or reply to topics.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2024 at 12:27pm
Wouldn't it be more advantageous to allow guests a post or two?
Someone who's spent a bit of time reading posts and wants to comment, may have great insight goes to chip in to conversation and gets access denied.
If you were listening to a conversation and went to chip in and got told don't want to hear what you have to say, would return to it.
Thats just my thought.

Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2024 at 10:23pm
Generally you need to join a forum to be able to comment, so it makes sense that if they visit and feel compelled to comment that they join.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2024 at 10:38pm
Or don't, how many forums have been looked through and not joined because who don't the hassel of pass words etc to make a comment.
But to be able to comment once or twice is like dropping a baited hook. Some fish like to nibble the bait before taking the bite.

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 11:00am
Agree - a lot of the UK / US wont allow interaction without signing in. Even clicking to enlarge images prompts sign in.
I think its fair - keeps content relavant and limits scamming.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 11:09am
yeah and i dont really feel like going through pages of spam each day to clean out then having to block their ip
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 11:28am
I was thinking a button to a redirect page, with a name only sign in, that gave you two posts before you had to join.
The site already separates the guests from members, so that's done. The redirect page would be a whole separate set up so new coding allowing a couple of comments per log on to page isn't much more script to add. It adds another layer.
General viewers could look on the usual set up.
As for scammers, deal with it. The Web ain't full of fluffy ducks all quacking nicely. Sure do what you can to stop them getting on site, but end of the day if you get scammed that's because you didn't do enough to check it out, not the site, not Nunga, not me but you.
Its part of the Web, though it's not nice for all you know someone could have signed on as a member and be biding time, waiting to pull a scam.
To many limitations will stop site growth, limit input and become a closed group of people.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2024 at 11:34am
That's the the best reason I heard so far Nunga. You could always delegate a couple more admin to help with stuff like that. But your site your choice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic