Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost ring and fiber optic pin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 10:45am
This might interest you Pete. Espially near the bootom about the disk insert.
The FP-AG series (the most commonly seen on airguns, sold as the "Beeman sport aperture" etc.) is actually their high design.

The FP-GR series, designed for 22 rimfires with low grooved receivers (and no barrel droop of course), is their low series. If you need a lower line of sight than the AG, that should fit the bill, but note the base is longer and may overhang the rear of the receiver. Like the AG series, the GR's are available with and without target knobs, the adjustable-width clamp design, etc.

A great trick for a "ghost ring" is to use one of these sights without an eye disk! The disk's mounting hole is a very efficient ghost ring.

Just google up Williams' online catalog for a view of all these.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 12:59pm
Thanks Kruza.

Not sure if I’d agree about the air chief and the 97, but anyway 😂

Ghost rings are awesome. Especially if you want a clear sight picture, with out half your vision being obscured by the rear blade. They are very good for quick target acquisitions and for fast aiming with out having to think about it, because your eye and your brain will naturally line up the front sight dot (fiber optic pin) with the center of the circle of the ghost ring, although u can’t really see the ghost ring so u have a full sight picture of what’s going on I front of you, all u need to do is focus on the target.

I had a ghost ring and fiber optic pin for 12 years on my CZ458 Lott when I was a trails guide in big 5 wilderness areas and it was an excellent combination for very close dangerous game work.
Although bunnies and hares dont pose quite the same threat as elephants and buffaloes, the principles and the ease of use is exactly the same, and I’d love to get a nicely made ghost ring and fiber optic pin set up on my D54.
Would make my heart happy to hunt with that rifle with open sights 😉
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 3:19pm
Are you looking for something like this?

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 11:10pm
Yes Nunga,
That is the sort of thing I’m looking for, just not a weaver/pic mount.
Because I have such a nice and repeatable cheek weld on the comb, which I would like to keep, the height of the ghost ring would be very important, and would need to probably have a bit of adjustment in it.
I’ll try find a pic of the one that brownells used to sell that simply attached (with a thumb screw) onto the 19mm rail of the CZ550 action. It was simple and perfect 👍🏻

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 11:15pm
This was it… it was perfect!
If I could only find one for an 11mm dove tail 🤔
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2024 at 10:37am
Ok. I will have a play and see what i can come up with
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2024 at 12:32pm
That'd be a fun project. Fidly, but fun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2024 at 12:52pm
Much appreciated Nunga 👍🏻
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic