Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost ring and fiber optic pin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 10:50pm

Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 7:32am
I have just made a new trigger blade that sits on a 5 mm dovetail rail.
It's my first attempt and although not perfect, it works well. It would be pretty similar process for that. Reasonably fiddly though, so if you can get something for $45, I would say thats a good price.

If there are threaded holes for the rear site, then that would be easy.

If you can raid your kids lego, in particular star wars scene, you will find that Lukes lightsabers are good "tru glow" material.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 8:49am
Hey Pete, pulling apart a red dot for spare screws and bits and pieces.
Would this be of any interest to you. Had it on the gamo I think so is 11mm. I imagine that central hole is centered and with threading would take a ghost ring rear post.
Was thinking about going down and get the air chief out of the tip and ransacking it's rear sight and replacing the rear blade with a washer dremeled to fit, but though see if you wanted base first.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 9:28am
I will have a look around and see if there is anything that can be 3d printed. Then i can print it out and cast it in alloy. Might be worth a look.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 10:52am
Here you go Pete.
Followed your idea and cut the plastic end off barrel pulled the air chief rear sight apart.
Took out blade. Cut bottom of ring flat, cut little piece out of bottom left hand side as needs clearance and have epoxied it to the blade (waiting to dry) between the blade and the bit behind.
Should work and will give a adjustable ghost ring when reassembled.
This is proof of concept, so I'm not making it tidy just slapping it together.
Once I find the that bass again I'll put it on top and see how high it sits.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 11:41am
Still adjusts on the air chief. Windage isn't full as it needs a bit more taken off the left and hits the windage winder but nothing a bit tweeting won't sort out.
Proof of concept.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 12:01pm
Sorry stuffed up.
Its a picatinny base.
Only dove tail mount I have left is the one piece gamo base, unfortunately I'm not prepared to cut the scope mounts off that.
Still food for thought
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 5:29pm
20m
Sig dagger pellets
Air chief junior
5 shots
Half arse ghost ring set up

Look how level they are.
Unfortunately was a one off. Was some glimmers of hope when shooting groups but nothing panned out, at some stage in the groups the flyers would open them up. I put that down to the gun and pellet.
Eventually the ring fell off, but it's a 24 hour cure epoxy so not suprised. Can was from just getting even spacing around the ring and hood.
Very curious to how a properly made one with marks on ghost ring would go now.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 8:22pm
Thanks for all the reply’s guys.

Pauly, how do I get a trigger blade to fit onto a dovetail???
I’ll definatly look into Lukes, lite saber… 😂

Kruzer, that red dot base looks interesting, I might be able to do something with it. Let me give it some brain storming and I’ll get back to you. Thanks.

Nunga, that would be awesome if u can find something to 3D print.
Would be interesting to see what u can come up with, and I’d be 100% keen to try anything u come up with 👍🏻

Kruza, good effort on the ghost ring /blade attachment. That also gives me some ideas of playing around and modifying sights off another old springer 🤔

When I saw your picture of the drinks can I thought you had put the ghost ring onto your 97 and shot that group at 160meters… 😂😂😂
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 8:42pm
I would consider the air chief at 20m just about equiventle to the 97 at 160 lol.
Its an interesting. sight. Didn't have any blurring like with open sight. Glab you brought the subject up. I was totally unaware of them at all.

Edited by kruzaroad - 16 Aug 2024 at 8:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic