Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost ring and fiber optic pin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghost ring and fiber optic pin.
    Posted: 11 Aug 2024 at 11:31pm
Hi Folks,
I’m looking for a ghost ring that will fit onto the dovetail of my Diana 54.
And a fiber optic pin that can replace the front post.
Does anyone have one, or perhaps know where I can get one?
Thanks,
Pete.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 10:51am
I had a bit of a nosie on line as I've not head of this type of sight before. (have used a peep sight)
Quite interesting. I also had a look around and to see what was a avalible. There are a few dove tail and more picatinny/weaver kits available.
Tritium ones mostly in weaver.
The name Tritium rang a bell so I looked up Tritium and it is used in watch hands. That may mean a watch maker may be able to add a couple of dots to a standard ghost day type ring as an option if you get stuck finding a night one.
It has a half life of 12years (oh yeah it's a byproduct of nuclear, though does occur natural under certain conditions) after which time it will drop dramatically in luminescence but still be more than a standard light energised glow.
Tritium doesn't need a light source to charge it for glowing.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 2:26pm
Thanks Kruza.
Not too worried about the glow in the dark part at the moment,
Would just like to source a ghost ring that attaches to an 11mm dove tail on a springer 👍🏻.
Did your search turn up anything like that?
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 2:32pm
Dovetail yes not sure if 11mm.
Kit from UK £102.00
So Im guessing around $300 landed here.
Could you drill out a peep sight. See if I can relocate store, might be in history.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 3:03pm
Nope haven't found 11mm dovetails yet plenty wider. Haven't searched through air soft sites.
They will be out there.
Plenty that attach to threaded holes atop a gun, if yours has them.
You could sort one out you like and cut an 11mm dovetail scope mount to size, get it faced on a lathe or milling machine, drill and tap the mounting holes. Sit sight on top.
Could work out easier and cheaper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 8:19pm
I wish I had the machinery and the skills to do all of that 🙈
I’ve been searching the web all day and can only find one option, a Williams WGRS - SAVAGE 54 for $45 USD plus shipping which will probably be about the same amount, if they ship outside of the us… 🙈

The 11mm dove tail rail can be unscrewed from the D54, leaving 3 threaded holes in the compression tube.
So i guess I could use those to screw something into, but would still need to find the said “something”… 🤔

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 8:22pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 9:08pm
I assume your trying to keep it low.
There are a heap of adaptor mounts from 11mm to.....

That would allow you to by any ghost ring set up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 9:22pm
ja, I have such a nice cheek weld onto the comb with the current open sights, Id want to keep the ghost ring set up at exactly the same height as the current rear blade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2024 at 10:48pm
I think I’ve figured out that the whole front sight can come off the barrel, leaving a 9mm dovetail in the metal of the barrel. So does anyone know anything about front sights that will fit on a 9mm front site dove tail?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic