Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Target Camera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Target Camera
    Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 1:25pm
I've just upgraded my indoor target camera with a higher resolution versiom and a hinged drop-down bracket.  I had been using a $90 Reolink indoor camera but it was on a fixed bracket and sitting too high, plus the resolution wasn't as good as I wanted.

So I invested in a new 5Mp camera of the same brand ($160 from PBTech) with adjustable optical zoom etc.  It now sits behind a hinged timber mount which reduces the view angle and gives the camera some protection.  I reused the existing power supply from the older unit (they're exactly the same) and engineered an old sectional door hinge to increase the friction in the pivot so the bracket can be readily be pushed up out of the way.  The Dayglo paint is there for obvious reasons. 

When I'm shooting with my PCP's indoors the scopes give me a good view, but my springers have only open or red-dot sights so I can't see where I've placed my shots without walking past all the accumulated stuff in my garage to take a look.  Being able to view them and zoom on each individual roundel with my phone (or tablet) was definitely worth the cost of the new camera and the effort to install it.

FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 7:27am
Excellent!

I love the ingenuity of the kiwi male.

You could probably share a link and we can watch live online too.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 1:37pm
very cool setup!
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 3:06pm
Thanks gents for the positive comments.

No more than 4 hours work to setup including the time taken for the items I was able to re-use from my original installation.
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 3:39pm
Get a few more ppl to set up like that and you could have a week day evening on line comp.
Set up a wind gauge next to target and a point handicap system for those set up out doors vs indoors. (or even a couple of fans to create a cross wind)
You'd be onto a winner Web site I bet.
Even better if you could set up a handicap point system, based off how the gun shoots.
Level out the playing field for those who don't have top quality rifles. (or differnt categories)
Think discord (as example) has video linking, even just a group link over ph would work.

Edited by kruzaroad - 22 Apr 2024 at 3:50pm
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 7:45pm
A zoom meeting with laptops set up in front of your target (in a safe position obviously 😂)
Mid week indoor zoom shoot, 10m, all use same standard size target. Springer class and a 12fpe pcp class 😂
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 7:30am
My son and I played darts with my brother inlaw over zoom during lockdown. It's possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic