Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sad news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad news
    Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 9:40pm
For those of you that knew Mike, aka Dvlnme, 

Sadly he passed away earlier this year at the beginning of Jan to cancer.

I only met him in person once, but communicated with him reasonably regularly over the last couple of years. He certainly loved a good yarn, but was a very clever gunsmith and I got to see a couple of his creations. This pistol was one. 

Edited by Pauly5 - 04 Feb 2024 at 9:40pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 10:42pm
Sorry to hear of the loss of your pal Pauly.
If you have a few pics of guns or maybe a few yarns you and others who knew him could put a thread of his work and get Nunga to lock it to comments. Let others see his work and appresiate it over time . A memorial to what looks like a talented
gunsmith.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 1:56am
Great idea Kruza.
I never knew the man, but may he rest in peace with all the guns he may ever want up in the happy hunting grounds.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 10:58am
I was sad to learn of Mike's passing, he was very knowledgeable and always keen to help, and I appreciated all his advice and guidance.

RIP Mike.
jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 1:33pm
RIP Mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 9:18pm
That is sad news! I was wondering about reaching out to him a couple of months ago to see how he was. I miss his input into the forum, he wanted me to visit him one time when I was in New Plymouth but I never got the chance. I hope his collection fall into loving hands.

Rest in Peace Mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 2:36pm
Thats a dam shame, he was a good bloke
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 2:13pm
Its a bloody bugger!
He was always good for a chat, usually a long one! but he had great knowledge that he wasnt afraid to share!
He had a few guns and PCPs that he apparently found homes for, but I was glad to hear that beauty of a PCP revolver would stay in his partners hands
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 4:12pm
Group from the Taranaki Air Rifle Club went to see him and spent a very enjoyable visit at his home workshop late last year. There were great stories and some marvellous engineering. Mike had visited our club over the years and would always bring his latest projects. There was no doubt that he was getting organised and clearly had no regrets with a loving family around him.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:18am
Originally posted by mercs mercs wrote:

Group from the Taranaki Air Rifle Club went to see him and spent a very enjoyable visit at his home workshop late last year. There were great stories and some marvellous engineering. Mike had visited our club over the years and would always bring his latest projects. There was no doubt that he was getting organised and clearly had no regrets with a loving family around him.

Thanks good to hear, I was hoping to get down to visit some day but never got there. 
We were working on a couple of interesting airgun projects that had his head scratching and that sort of thing seemed to get him going - up for a challenge to test his skills. 
Sadly they will likely never be completed but it was always good fun to discuss and bounce thoughts around - he was a clever man
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic