Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.22 Sharp Innova refurbushment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 10:03am
For the blueing I used Birchwood Casey Perma Blue liquid gun blue set.

I've applied about 4 coats so far.  It's a bit of a trick applying it!  It came up all right  - I'm looking at the trigger guard right now, that's pretty rusty too.  I used the rust remover from the birchwood casey for the pump chamber, but for the trigger guard I'm going to sand it to bare metal I think...
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 11:01am
Sanded back to a bare metal finish - ready for a degrease and a blue....

Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 11:29am
And done!

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 10:44am
Looking good 👍🏻
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 3:23pm
The o-ring set arrived today so I put it all back together.   It went pretty easily except for finding out the new breech had a piece of moulding sl*g that was stopping the pump cylinder from sliding in all the way... so I had to get creative with sanding something down at the bottom of a long hole!  Got there in the end.

Also the pump handle doesn't close fully when unpumped, this was an issue before I started so I think I'll add a couple of neobdynium magnets so help it grab against the pump cylinder.  

Have done a few test pumps / shots with no ammo, it all sounds good and seems to work!

Will fire it up with a few actual pellets next....

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 3:53pm
That is looking great! Well done.

This makes it all the sweeter to use  when you work on your own guns.

Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 4:17pm
It sure is!

A quick test fire at 6 pumps puts a pellet clean through 1/2" marine ply.... no idea of the fpe or fps but that seems pretty decent, I used to hunt at 12 pumps...
Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 10:33pm
Finally got to shoot the gun.  Zeroed it with H&N field target pellets, unfortunately the gun doesn't like these pellets they were horribly inaccurate. As in 1.5 inch groups at 20m.  Wonder if it's because they are so short?  Dunno. 

So I switched to H&N Barracuda Green... These were on the money with pellets making 10mm groups at 20m!  Very happy wit that. 
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 7:16am
That looks sweet.
Grouping sounds tight with the alloy pellets.
You'll have to get the old girl out for a hunt.
I leave a pump or 2 in my pumper. Keeps the pump handel coming open and keeps valve seated with a small amount if air pressure as well as spring.
Great to see its up and running.
Hope to hear how it preforms in the field soon.

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2024 at 7:59am
Lots of people moan about the “green” pellets, but I always say “shoot what ever is most accurate in ur rifle, regardless is shape weight or price.
10mm groups at 20m… sounds like you’ve got a winner there 👍🏻
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic